Cabinet Crown Molding Miter

I searched for a posting that matched my situation, but could not find a good match. Sorry if I am repeating...
I am installing crown molding on my cabinets.
The molding already has a nailer strip attached.
No problem with the 90 degree corners, just set the nailer on my miter saw and cut it at a 45.
Two of the corner cabinets are angled like this: _ \ <- angled cabinet (you get the idea) |
I meaasured the angle between the cabinets and both are approximatley 135 (90 + 45) degrees which makes sense since the cabinets are making 3 side of an octagon.
What angle should I cut the moulding?
Is 22.5 degrees correct?
Thanks for your help, Norman
Hi Norman, Is the molding 45-45 then 16.3 miter and 15.7 bevel or 38-52 degree then 14.3 miter and 17.6 bevel. Cheers, JG
Norman wrote:

Ooops! I didn't understand what the nailing strip was. Sounds as though it's just as simple as you originally proposed, JG
JGS wrote:

On 20 May 2004 19:18:57 -0700, nite snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Norman) wrote:

Try this:
Go to Google Groups and type... cut crown molding ...as key words for your search. I got 1,980 returns.
Bill.
OK If you want to do a lot if semi complicated stuff you should have a "table" so you can just look this stuff up.. here is a Spreadsheet that will give you more answers than you have questions ( very good stuff here). I all fairness it can be confusing to those who do not do this all the time.. IE inside corner 45 deg type molding Bevel angle = 30 Miter angle = 23.3 for right hand cut, cieling piece, on the left.. got it (grin)
http://www.woodweb.com/software_downloads/formulas_spreadsheet.xls

I failed to mention that this spreadsheet has a LOT of Great information on HOW TO ="Golden Mean Rectangle, Elipse, Arcs, Cones," etc...
http://www.woodweb.com/software_downloads/formulas_spreadsheet.xls

On 20 May 2004 19:18:57 -0700, nite snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Norman) brought forth from the murky depths:

Probably, but cut two pieces of scrap to that angle and hold them up to -each- corner. If they meet properly, you're all set.
If not, either be prepared to shim and cut, or sand the cuts to match the actual angle.