Butcher Block Table pictures posted at a.b.p.w.

I posted 8 pictures of progress on a Butcher Block Table that I just completed for a customer. A heavy 200 lb. table.

Reply to
Leon

got a link? I'd love to see the table dave

Reply to
Dave Eames , Oakhurst CA

Sorry, no kink but you can view the pictures in alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking.

Reply to
Leon

I'd like to see your pictures too but the link doesn't work for me. Is it working for others?

Reply to
toolguy

It is not a link, it is another news group.

Reply to
Leon

Leon,

The legs stained or paint? Any idea of the weight?

Reply to
Rumpty

No I can't, at least not easily. I have to make a special request to my ISP to get binary newsgroups, for obvious reasons.

- Owen -

Reply to
Owen Lawrence

- Owen -

Reply to
Owen Lawrence

Both sorta. I used General Finishes Country Colors Black. It is a stain that can be left on and not wiped Off. I have used the stain as a stain so that the wood color shows through more but on this project I was shooting for a country look and painted a coat on, sanded off the rough spots, water based, and applied another coat. Followed up with 2 coats of Good Stuff Gel varnish. The legs, feet, and apron weigh about 50 lbs. The top is about 150 lbs.

Reply to
Leon

Owen if you have not seen them yet I can send you 50k ish picture files. .jpg, just let me know.

Reply to
Leon

Leon, can't you just copy the url off the address bar and paste it into a message on this board? This is what a link is. Dave

Reply to
Dave Eames