Boy Depot vs. J. Lowe's?

Interesting article in Washington Post this weekend.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A14127-2003Aug2.html
Warning: washingtonpost.com is pop-up hell.
snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net says...

That's funny.
My wife and my mom prefer HD. They think it's "prettier" and has more home decorating stuff.
My dad and I prefer Lowe's. (between the HD and Lowe's, but all four of us prefer our local lumber yard.)
What does that mean?
Same here. Lowe's walks off from HD with the honors. They are friendly, helpful, knowledgable, have the right merchandise I am looking for and better quality lumber. Also do not care for Rigid tools; understand they are no longer being made so I wonder what HD will pick up now?
On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 11:01:34 -0400, Thomas Mitchell