biscuit spacing

I just purchased a bisciut joiner to help edge to edge laminate some

3/4" oak for the seat of a bench. What size biscuit should I use -0', 10, or 20's? (I am using 5" oak boards).

What spacing should I place the biscuits at? The seat will be about

55" long?

TIA.

Reply to
fred

Use the largest you can. Unless you have a very shallow board or a very narrow one, there is no reason not to use a good sized biscuit. I space them about 12" to 15" or so.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

That sounds about right. You want them close to the edge for good allignment, but not too close. Make real darn sure you don't put them where you might cut through one when cutting the panel to size. For a shelf it doesn't much matter, but can be very embarrassing in other places.

Reply to
Toller