Biscuit joiner

Page 4 of 4

But mine are just in a cardboard box in plastic bags...one is opened, same thickness as the sealed bags.... I think we're over-reacting the the biscuit storage issue. Maybe I should develop a biscuit humidor.. should sell well to all the anal wood-dorkers out there... freon powered dryer...I'll make millions...MILLIONS!!!!
My biscuits aren't stored especially carefully, but the PC ones are fine while the cheap brand ones aren't (and weren't so great right out of the container the first time).
goaway wrote:

I have had the predecessor to the DeWalt DW682K for 7-8 years. The newer one is very similar. I am very happy with mine.
Seems like I paid closer to $150 - but again, it was several years ago.
RonB

$198 or the PC(557) for $279.
I bought the Harbor Freight Tools model and it cuts the biscuit slots. I would like to get a blade with a thinner kerf. It comes with some biscuits. I found I could jam two of them in a slot - tight fit, though - and would prefer a snug fit with just one biscuit. These tools appear to be 4" grinders adapted to the task. THe HFT model is weal i all respects (its about five years old now) but will do the job with a little care and planning. If anyone knows where I can get a tinner kerf blade to fit it . . .
wrote: DeWalt(DW682K),

I see you got what you paid for. You can always have the existing blade Blanchard ground :)

shared ownership of the Delta stationary biscuit joiner. My partner moved away and I let him have it. Boy do I miss that thing.
Frank