dopey question - beer ring

I put my beer down on a nice Stickley table yesterday and walked away. Now there's a water ring and I'm angry with myself.

Is there any thing to do? For the table, I mean.

TIA, Dean

Reply to
Dean H.

Liberon Ring Remover

Read the directions on the bottle and follow them.

Reply to
B A R R Y

What Barry said ... but while you're waiting for the order, try the old mayonnaise trick ... spread some mayonnaise liberally on the area, let it sit overnight, rub it dry.

Reply to
Swingman

Why would you set down a beer? Where you picking up a bigger beer?

Reply to
RayV

Operator error.

I misplaced it, then opened another one which took the pressure off finding the one that was sweating on the table. I was doing the fuel pump on the chevy van so there were a lot of dirty places it should have been sweating instead of on Granny's Stickley.

Reply to
Dean H.

Try a bit of solvent on a clean rag. The ring may be in the wax layer only.

Pete

Reply to
cselby

Tue, May 29, 2007, 7:34am snipped-for-privacy@groove.calm (Dean=A0H.) doth cast out: I put my beer down on a nice Stickley table yesterday and walked away. Now there's a water ring and I'm angry with myself. Is there any thing to do? For the table, I mean.

This whole story sounds suspicious. You're working on a van, drinking beer, and put the beer down on a Stickley table, and "lost" it. That would mean either tae table is in the garage, or you were in the house. Both sound bogus. In all the years I drank beer I "never" "lost" a beer, or heard of anyone else doing so.

Anyway, the answer is simple. Make a very nice wooden coaster, it's for a Stickley table, after all. Put the coaster on the table, over the water ring. Then go away, and never drink in the house again. No prob.

JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations?

- Peter Egan

Reply to
J T

Obviously a case of alcohol abuse, leaving a perfectly good beer lying around....

This whole story sounds suspicious. You're working on a van, drinking beer, and put the beer down on a Stickley table, and "lost" it. That would mean either tae table is in the garage, or you were in the house. Both sound bogus. In all the years I drank beer I "never" "lost" a beer, or heard of anyone else doing so.

Anyway, the answer is simple. Make a very nice wooden coaster, it's for a Stickley table, after all. Put the coaster on the table, over the water ring. Then go away, and never drink in the house again. No prob.

JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations?

- Peter Egan

Reply to
Doug Goulden