Birdhouse paint

What is the best type of paint to use on a birdhouse, for long wear?
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

None. Let the wood go to it's weathered gray color. The birds won't mind.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

contrasting trim.     eeek,     jo4hn
On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 14:28:59 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Exterior paint. Use a primer for better wear. Do not paint the interior.

Why not make it out of brick?
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland

I was looking for something for a bird feeder. Driving along a canyon road, and found a Lexus hubcap. Really interesting looking, and in good shape. Now, if I could find another in good shape, which is doubtful, I could make a flying saucer looking one by having a top and bottom house.
I just wonder what kind of bird clientele I would have there, though. Some of the rarer high class birds, or some of the commoners taking advantage of rent controls.
And then, only some species of birds will reside in a house in close proximity to another nest.
No matter. I'll just use the one for a bird feeder, but put it so high up that the Lexus emblem will be visible for the nouve riche upscale ambience to attract birds on a tight lunch schedule.
Steve

If you like hubcaps, there are businesses that collect them and sell them. People who pick them up from the side of the road go to these places and sell them. I have seen such businesses in several cities.
You might want to check it out. Or just call a junkyard. But they probably want top dollar for them.
wrote

Oh, I know. The local one is Hubcap Annie. There's just something about getting a free hubcap, then having to spend $50 for a mate to make a birdhouse that takes all the fun out of it.
Steve
A friend brought me some of the bright orange reflective plywood highway signs to cut up for a project he was doing. I took the scrap and made 3 bird housed to put at the end of the drive way as markers (real funky looking). Birds moved in right away to these and have not moved in to two of my nice cedar houses just a few feet away. So I would have to say bright orange reflective plastic is high on the list of bird house coverings.