Best WoodDorking Music

Page 3 of 3
If things are dragging try "Firebird" (Strvinsky). If you want to slow things down try Albioni's "Adagio" or Pachebel's "Canon" and if you want real inspiration try most anything by Bach. Also, traditional Bluegrass works for cleaning the shop or hand sanding. For me, anyway.
Joe
"Joe Bleau" wrote

Flight of the Valkyries (Wagner) Flight of the Bumblebees (Rimsky-Korsakov) In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida (Iron Butterfly)
Max
tom watson wrote:

I like the music of the New College Choir, Oxford. I've been trying to preach about choral stuff for a long time (having spent some time doing it). Give a listen to composer Dmitri Bortnyanski (sp?) and to a lot of stuff by Chanticleer (men's group). Just great.     mahalo,     jo4hn
p.s. In my last ad for "Kind of Blue", I left out Cannonball Adderly.
jo4hn wrote:

Look up "The Anonymous Four" ... amazing female voices, a' capella.
Bill
is worth a **** unless backed up with enough genuine information to make
Bill in Detroit wrote:

I have a copy of English Ladymass. Great.

[snip]
Perhaps in a similar vein, I was exposed one April morning to The King's College Choir practicing. The windows of the chapel at Cambridge University were open and the voices floated across the lawn on that unusually warm morning. It was as eery as it was fantastic. I was spell-bound.
Robatoy wrote:

I do like King's College stuff. Try also Concordia College (Minnesota) or Augustana choirs. Them Lutherans do sing good. Concordia does a good job with "Salvation is Created" (Tchesnokov (sp)). Joy.     mahalo,     jo4hn

A high point of our Christmas season is singing in a chorus of may 125-150 voices, singing Handel's Messiah, with an orchestra of maybe 60 players. We're on our 14th year, but this group has been going on for about 35 seasons.
It's nice to have a change of pace.
Patriarch
RE: Subject
Silence is sublime.
Lew
On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 13:32:47 -0600, Patriarch

You sing in it?
I know from experience that being in the midst of something like that is fan-freakintastic! <G>
Excellent!

First tenor. With one of my sons also a tenor, another a baritone, wife and a daughter-in-law in the soprano section, and another son playing lead bassoon. It's really very special. Three performances a season, after two months of Sunday evening practices.
It's not at all like singing in the church choir. ;-)
Patriarch
On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 18:15:44 -0600, Patriarch

I totally understand! <G>
Patriarch wrote:

There is a Methodist church in the town where I used to live that did the Messiah every year. Recruited singers from churches and choral groups. Just plain wonderful experience.     sigh,     jo4hn
Sheez. Am I the only one that thinks the best music is NO music?
Wayne

On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 22:46:48 -0800, "NoOne N Particular"
Maybe! <G>

I like to crank Me First and the Gimme Gimmes when I'm doing fine detail work. JP
John Lennon, Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)
Garth Brooks, Belleau Wood
ZZ Top, Woke up with wood :-)
Otis Redding, Knock on wood.
Van Morrison, Choppin' Wood
Jethro Tull, Songs From The Wood
--
Vince Heuring To email, remove the Vince.