Best WoodDorking Music

I'm in design phase now for a pretty much classical piece on the order of a Townsend double chest.

As I'm sketching and scratching it is a great help to me to have Bach the elder playing the Concerto #3 in G major: allegro in the background.

It is exactly the right piece of music for this exercise and I am playing it on a loop.

Most tunes would get boring used in this way - but not this piece by brother Bach.

I wonder how many other guys put music to the task like this.

Reply to
tom watson

Beethoven's Eroica!!!

Max

Reply to
Max

While we have different tastes, I do have a few CD's that do the same thing for me. I am designing a corner cabinet/curio/jewelry box/tackle box/tool chest/car wash for the b&c that she saw at the antique store. (If she changes one more thing it wouldn't be as painful to part with the $800 they wanted) I find that a little Pantera gets me going in the right direction and I can concentrate on measurements, design, and appeal.

Reply to
Allen Roy

The most fun you can have is playing 'Woolly Bully' by Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs at 110 dB while using your framing nailer. Neighbors be damned...

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Well Tempered Caliver on Harpsichord and Brandenburg #3 and #5.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Kemper

The Doors

Reply to
Robert Haar

I've got some nice, 90 minute long Techno mixes for such occasions, or XM's "The System".

My wife and I subscribe to the local symphony. While I love going, the subscription is my idea, I can't get into classical in the shop. Maybe that'll change someday...

Reply to
B A R R Y

Lately, and once again for the millionth time .... Fleetwood Mac.

Reply to
Swingman

Bluegrass instrumentals.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

Vivaldi - Four Seasons, then Bach - Brandenburg's 4 and 6, Led Zeppelin

1,2,3,4 - Stairway to Heaven, et al.
Reply to
Don Sforza

The band TOOL.

Reply to
Stoutman

Or *anything* by Joe Walsh...

Reply to
Mike Marlow

When working on a Townsend double chest, it is mandatory to listen to The Who.

Okay, that was bad....

I listen to everything. I live by Glen Miller's credo: "If it sounds good, it probably is." But I do notice a difference in selection when I'm drawing vs dimensioning boards on the planer. Grieg, Paganinni, Mozart, nothing like a good fix of baroque to stimulate the creative juices. But, in the shop, XM 40 (Deep Tracks) is almost always on. They play the most eclectic old rock: Joe Walsh, Kinks, Who, Zep, Buffalo Springfield, Neil, 10cc (10cc RULES!!) a lot of 'singable' stuff....

But.. I'll give BARRY's XM 80 a try today... I'll get back to you on that...*G*

Reply to
Robatoy

Quadrophenia?

Mark (sixoneeight) = 618

Reply to
Markem

Talk radio.

Reply to
Leon

Tom, I also enjoy classical music in the shop. I'm not sure a lengthy list is in order here but I find Mozart's concertos for clarinet, oboe and bassoon very satisfying. By the way, the clarinet concerto was used in the film " Out of Africa". They allow repetition without getting stale. Joe G

Reply to
GROVER

Right here, right now... on XM 40...

wait for it . . . . Eric Clapton---> Crosscut Saw... how's that for a dorking tune, eh?

Reply to
Robatoy

SOLO!! No Eagles need join in!

Reply to
B A R R Y

As a life-long music fanatic, I find trance to completely draw me into a focus when I'm in the right mood. Other times, it totally destroys my concentration.

DO NOT listen to XM 80 while driving on wide open roads! DAMHIKT.

After thinking about why I don't like classical in the shop, I realized that I don't passively listen to it. Listening to classical music becomes a activity in itself, I can actually get tired doing it.

Reply to
B A R R Y