Bessey K-Body sighting

I just checked out the Thorneydale Home Depot in Tucson and came away with my wallet lightened, but clamp collection increased.
    24" Bessey K-Bodies for $25.00 (Regularly $34.95)     31" Bessey K-Bodies for $30.00 (Regularly $37.95)     40" Bessey K-Bodies for $33.00 (Regularly $39.95)
Note, I may be off a bit on the regular prices, I'm going by memory on those.
    They also had some 50" on sale, but the savings on those wasn't all that great, so I passed on them.
    I think I got the last 4 24" ones, but there were still 31, 40, and 50" clamps left. I can't afford to save any more money, so thought I'd pass on the information. :-)
    Bummer is I now have to expand the clamp racks, I had to move a few things around in order to make them all fit.
Mark & Juanita wrote:

Life's tough sometimes... ;-)
-- Mark

all the Home Depot's here are identical. I really don't understand why they only marked the 50's down to 40 from 44, other than that they thought what many of us did (incorrectly) when we started buying clamps, that the four footers give you more bang for your buck. I can pick up 48" Jorgies for $37.95 across the street at Fleet Farm and Timberline Sales on Ebay always has them for $72/pair, shipping included.
Joe
Joe Tylicki wrote: snippage...
Hey Joe, the "new" Home Depot in Da False have had their remaining stock for sale at $30 a piece. I think they are 31". They've got six left and they've been there a week, at least.
UA100
Thanks Keith
I grabbed a couple of those last week, along with a couple more 24's, but I had difficulty finding 24's in the new style with the removable end support.
Now you can't find 24's at all.
Wonder if SWMBO will notice the link between the growing clamp collection and the shrinking checking account any time soon.
Joe

Put 'serial numbers' on 'em. *DUPLICATED* ones. And keep 'em in separate parts of the shop. <snicker>
snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com says...

though (someone mentioned that the price changed on them during checkout on the 24"). Can't ever have enough clamps and the fact that I don't have any GS clamps did it for me :-) These prices are pretty fair for the quality of clamps, IMO.
--
All the best,

Michael Mastin
Of course, you can buy the 32in Gross Stabil PC2 clamps for $22.90 from www.allprotools.com Even with Shpping and handling, but no TAX that is a much better deal than from the Borg, even when on sale at the Borg

Thanks John
Ordered a couple of these yesterday, shipping adds about $5/each, but still very reasonable as these clamps were rated higher than the Jorgies and Bessies in a recent article. I have never seen them for sale anywhere but online, as well. Maybe Keith knows a local store that stocks them.
Their site also shows the 24's on sale at $21/each, but if you try to buy them the check out still shows regular price, so I just picked up the 32's.
I figure since I already basterdized my collection by mixing Jorgies and Bessies, might as well throw a couple GS's in for good measure.
Joe
Big Joe
I decided that for $1 more, I would be better off with the 32in ones instead of the 24 in.
I have more than a few of the GS PC2, and having used them all, Jorgenson, Bessy, and the GS, I really like the GS clamps. That plus you can get replacement parts for the GS clamps if you ever break anything, as well as larger jaws, they work GREAT for me.
John
On 13 Apr 2004 10:43:28 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@execpc.com (BIG JOE) wrote:

The 32" is better than the 24" at the time you need the 32". But, if only need the 24", the 32" will feel heavy and clumsy. It boils down to which clamps you use most often. I find the 24" K-body Besseys are the most popular in my shop. I have a few 32" and 40" K-body Besseys too.

I quit smoking last week - I found that the most difficult part is keeping my hands busy. So, I too went to the Borg and loaded my hands down with as many of the K bodies as they could hold.

Yesterday, at my local HD in Rochester, Michigan, they had half a dozen each of the 24" and 30" and three 50" at $35.00. I picked up two of them to round out my collection. Mostly, I use the 24" and 30" but sometimes need a bigger reach.
On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 00:13:12 -0400, "Eric Ryder"
<snip>

Congratulations. Smoking is evil.
Phisherman wrote:

I picked up a hitchhiker 30+/- years ago who said,
"It's the only thing a man can do by himself."
-- Mark
Mark Jerde wrote...

Your hitchhiker must have been a woman. (G)
Jim