Bessey clamps at Woodcraft

Woodcraft is clearing out the 24" and 40" Bessey K-Body clamps for a decent price. My local store is giving an extra 5% off for purchases of five or more, worth asking for at other locations I suppose.

Bessey is coming out with a new model this summer, so I would think you would start to find price reductions on the current model at a lot of places.
Randy htttp://nokeswoodworks.com
randyswoodshoop wrote:

Yes, I was aware of that (and maybe that's what I'm afraid of considering there are a couple of sizes I don't own, yet). I picked up some at the woodworking show earlier this year at a good price too, I was pleased enough with them to pick up some more at Woodcraft in a size I didn't have yet. Maybe the new version will be even nicer but as I'm already happy with the old model I don't mind getting them a third cheaper. It's getting to the point where I need a rack to store all these danged clamps....

Amazing how quiet, considering the feeding frenzy of years past hereabouts whenever a like Bessey event was proclaimed.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/08

Yeah to go a bit farther many people are closing out the stock of Bessy K-body clamps, they are being discontinued by Bessy. Bessy is coming out with a new style clamp to replace the K-body.
Leon wrote:

Any details on the new design? I'm assuming it will be either as good or better?

Mark & Juanita wrote:

More like more expensive, I'd wager... :)

That is what you would think but maybe not. They have taken a hit in sales from all the similar clamps that have appeared, unless the new clamp has wonderful new features I'd be inclined to say that it may be a 50/50 chance that they will want to sell a clamp that can compete price wise.
On Sat, 31 May 2008 10:57:42 -0700, Mark & Juanita

Nowadays, I never assume that.
B A R R Y wrote:

Yeah, that comment was more or less tongue-in-cheek. I would hope they are not going to compromise a good design, but that's not a given.

Mark & Juanita wrote:

That's why I was happy to pick up more of an already proven design (especially without paying freight on a heavy item), you never know what the "improved" version will look like. Who knows, we might discover the company is being sold to Black & Decker and the new design will be made at the Triple-Happiness Ironmongery of Flungdung, China.
DGDevin wrote:

That would make them like the green Woodcraft Besseys then.
Be interesting to see if they've done anything to the metal parts so that Titebond doesn't stick to them as readily.
--John

I went to their site and saw nothing labeled new.
I went to their site and saw nothing labeled new.
K-Body Revo http://www.bessey.de/website/en/home/news/presse/319.jsp ;jsessionid`272F0963907C859E4EA4B1AD796EE7

http://www.bessey.de/website/en/home/news/presse/319.jsp ;jsessionid`272F0963907C859E4EA4B1AD796EE7
This is a shorter URL - no need to worry about line wrap.
http://www.bessey.de/website/en/home/news/presse/319.jsp
Thanks for the link. Looks like an improvement.
More clamping force Ability to position the head anyway on the bar, including the middle (to keep it better balanced,) Removable clamp/glue caps Bar stand-offs ("contact elements") to protect piece from hitting bar. Adapter KR-AS to clamp non-right angles. (not sure what this looks like)
The repositional head is something I would appreciate.
http://www.bessey.de/website/en/home/news/presse/319.jsp

bar.
like)
And something you didn't mention, a quick release button. That's something I'd look forward to. I was thinking about running out today and buying some of the (now old style) Bessey clamps, but considering the Revo clamps aren't all that unlike the old ones appearance-wise, maybe I'll hold off.
I might reconsider that choice if Lee Valley Tools chooses to discount their stock of the old style.
Robin? Hint! Hint!
Great!!!!!!
Now I have to throw my old ones away because they are obsolete.....
Upscale wrote:

http://www.bessey.de/website/en/home/news/presse/319.jsp ;jsessionid`272F0963907C859E4EA4B1AD796EE7
mapdude wrote:

You could have a garage sale with the old ones to help pay for a couple of the new ones. [Where do you live, and when is the sale?]

http://www.bessey.de/website/en/home/news/presse/319.jsp ;jsessionid`272F0963907C859E4EA4B1AD796EE7

Obsolete?
They'll be collectible classics, on eBay! <G>

Throw them to me. -- Doug