Bed Tray Plans?

I've got the "perfect" idea for my wife's Chrimstas present:
http://www.breakfasttray.com/store/page2.htm
However, I would like to make this rather than just purchase it. Does anyone know of any plans for such a project? I'm too much of a beginner to really try to come up with some plans all on my own, though I could try. I'd rather have some basic dimensions and joinery suggestions than going straight off a picture. I've tried Googling the web and this newsgroup's archives, but I haven't found anything yet.
Thanks for any help, PJ