Anyone with a bed Tray Plan?

My wife is gfoing in for a Knee Operation and i want to build her a Bed Tray so she can put her lap top on it. Can't seem to find anything on a google search

Reply to
bdeditch

Wouldn't this be simple enough to simply build? Sit in your bed with the covers on and measure the height you think you'd like, and then let your imagination run wild with the flat surface that the food sits on.

Of course something like this *must* be made out cherry, sprayed with a nice latex paint.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

important design element is to make sure that the casters are directly below the tray, to prevent the thing from tipping over.

-Nathan

Reply to
N Hurst

Reply to
Mike Berger

Reply to
bdeditch

I swear to God, when I first read the subject line I was thinking "bed pan" instead of "bed tray plan". My mind merged the last word!

Reply to
Larry Bud

Fri, Jan 27, 2006, 11:29am (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@shout.net (Mike=A0Berger) clearly states: It's not clear if he was looking for a bed tray that sits on the bed (just a platform with two sides) or the wheeled kind that overhangs the bed.

Indeed. First thought I had was one of the on bed type. OK guys (and any gurls), that's why it's so important to give as many details as you can think of when you ask questions.

I believe I posted plans, some time or another, for a bed type tray. You'd have to check the archives. If not, it wouldn't be rocket science to make one on your own.

JOAT You only need two tools: WD-40, and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

Reply to
J T

Fri, Jan 27, 2006, 12:13pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Larry=A0Bud) old Merged Mind said: I swear to God, when I first read the subject line I was thinking "bed pan" instead of "bed tray plan". My mind merged the last word!

OK, I'll keep it simple for you. Funnel, short section of hose, bucket. LMAO

JOAT You only need two tools: WD-40, and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

Reply to
J T

That might work half the time.

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

I would just decide what size you needed to hold the laptop then build it as a "breakfast in bed tray"

What type of knee operation? unless its a really big one she won't be spending more than a day or so in bed. usually people are up and around pretty quickly and she may be sitting on the couch alot sooner tan you think!

Reply to
Michael E. Kempke