Be gentle, I'm a rookie

I like that gold Diablo at Home Depot if they can keep from putting those theft detectors on them an warping the blade.

Reply to
Mark Hopkins

Although I've had a table saw for a while, I'm not quite up to amateur status yet, so be gentle if this is a dumb question. :)

I have a DeWalt DW706 miter saw, and the 60 tooth blade that came with it. That's fine for trim work, but I need another blade, and I'm looking for suggestions. I would like to get a 12" blade that will be good for general woodworking, *and* construction, without breaking the bank. For construction work, I will mostly be cutting 2X4s, and an occasional 4X4. Is this asking too much from a blade? Any suggestions?

Ed

Reply to
Edpond2000

I've had that happen, twice in one week. The manager could not understand why I was very upset that the minimum wage twinkie on the register did not do her job and forced me to delay and sort through bags looking for the errant tag. Of course I never got an apology. Well not right away anyway ;)

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

John Crea notes:

Happened to a guy in front of me, who had another card, so I never got the option. It does teach you to keep clear of the little swiper, though.

Charlie Self "Character is much easier kept than recovered." Thomas Paine

Charlie Self

I have the red Diablo blade (from HD, 80-tooth) and it's fine for woodworking and fine trim work. I kept and use the OEM DW706 blade for construction work (2x4's, etc), it only take a few minutes to swap blades.

-brian

Reply to
Brian H

Thanks for the reply Mark. That's one I'll have to consider. How much of a problem do those theft detectors present??

Ed

Reply to
Edpond2000

pair of pants from a local retailer, and, was wearing them when I walked into a Pep Boy's auto parts store. I did hear the sensor chirp when I walked in, but, did not think anything of it, as folks were leaving at the same time. Well, after getting the oil I needed, I started to head out the door, and, the blasted alarm went off. The clerk asked me to hang on for a minute, I assume so the manager could review tapes or something. The manager showed up a couple of minutes later, and said I could take off. As it turned out, there was a tuned circuit glued in the back pocket of the pants, apparently an antitheft thing. I took it out and had no further problems. I suppose the thing that annoys me the most about this is the same reason I am angered by the airport searches. It simply says that EVERYONE is a criminal, and should be treated so. Now, if this is true, then America is further along the path of self- destruction than I thought. If it is false, then, it is punishing the majority because of the actions of a minority...which is also wrong. Sigh. Off the soap box now. Regards Dave Mundt

Reply to
Dave Mundt

Wish I'd thought of it.

Charlie Self "Character is much easier kept than recovered." Thomas Paine

Charlie Self

A couple of years ago I bought a pair of pants (or whatever they call them) at Macy's (Paramus Park). When I got home the antitheft thing was still attached, complete with warning how the pants would get stained/painted if I tried to remove the thing. I had to go back to the store and complain. I got another discount (I believe $10 on an already discounted el cheapo pair) in part because I was "righteously indignated" because of the trouble to drive back and forth.

Reply to
Han

... snip

Actually, it's worse than that. A criminal has more rights than you do in an airport search. Probable cause must be shown before you can simply ask somebody to strip for a search, not so in the airport.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

different in Europe, I had to leave my back pack at desks a few times. they do not tolerate any bullshit, you WILL NOT steal from them.

-Dan V.

Reply to
Dan Valleskey

Just my 2 cents of encouragement: Whatever it takes, stay the course. There is nothing-- NOTHing-- like being debt free. Whatever the price, it's worth it. Sleeping at night is wunnerful.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Baglio

good one. I'll have to remember that one...

Reply to
Bridger