Bay Area Dave revealed?

Page 2 of 2
Will somebody explain to me what the heck Swingman is carrying on about?? Apparently he's taken leave of his senses, so I doubt he will be able to explain. :) did I miss a post?
dave
Swingman wrote:

Back in the days when I was a finishing supplier, I occasionally received orders from, let's say, some of the more *colorful* personalities on rec.norm. It was then I discovered the true art of diplomacy. I was also amazed at how tolerant I became of someone when they were sending me their hard-earned money for my stuff. It was humbling, to say the least.
I have never believed Dave to be a troll. I have my own opinions of his rec.norm behavior, which I seem to type-out in excess, but likely as not, he's probably nothing like the "personality" (tmSC) we encounter here on the newsgroup.
I mean, he can't be, can he?
O'Deen
OBWW - it would be difficult to find a more competent or defferential outift than Rob Lee and Co.

defense -

email's
change
<snip>

outift
<snip>
Thanks for the kind words - and for the many years of enjoyable, literate, humorous, and educational writing...
Cheers -
Rob

I was going to try to respond along the same line, and then read your post.
I'll just say "ditto"
djb
--
There are no socks in my email address.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
| | Is Bay Area Dave a troll. Notice that he does not provide | any personal info, useful woodworking advice, or anything | constructive.
This from someone who posts one-liners from an anonymous remailer?
--Jay
A quick Google search on NN shows a colorful history.
hmmnnn...
If you are trying to spark interest in researching him, I'm not biting. Better things to do, Tommy! :) If you want to share the fruits of your search, feel free...otherwise on to more important stuff.
dave
Tom Watson wrote:

Had you checked Google, which I suppose would be a first, you'd have seen that I was trying to put your mind at ease about NN, or someone who professes to be NN.
Sorry I tried to help.
Tommy, relax! I Google when searching archives or looking up something on the 'net. Don't say "it would be a first". That's tacky.
So again, I ask you to share your tidbit or stop teasing about what YOU know, that I DON'T about the poster.
dave
Tom Watson wrote:

Sounds more like you're the troll.

info, useful woodworking advice, or anything constructive. He is quite a controversial character.