Bandsaw Fences: Which do you like?

Page 2 of 2

Mike, I just added a 6" tall x 20" scrap to the existing Jet (18") fence. Works great. I found the re-sawing attachments, those that utilize a round or arched face a pain. If your saw is set up properly, a straight tall fence will suffice just fine. Other than that, most bandsaw operations don't require a fence at all.
Dave
My bandsaw fence consists of a piece of 2x4, jointed square, with a piece of 3/4" birch plywood screwed onto the 2" face. It gets clamped to the table. Seems to work fine.
I rarely use the band saw fence. You might just as well clamp a straight edge to the table. Often, I found that using the fence does not guarantee a straight cut on the band saw.
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 08:31:31 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@hotpotato.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@hotpotato.com writes:

I compared the old Duginski FastTrak fence and the Kreg, and bought the Kreg. The Kreg can be adjusted for blade drift, and for alignment to the blade. It can also be used in a "low-profile" position when you need the guides close to the able surface, and near the Fence.
Installation needed an allen wrench with an odd size, which I didn't have. Other than that, it was trivial.
Well, I used to like the one made by Woodpeck.com, but they said they were redesigning it and took it off the market...that was a couple of years ago! My close second choice is the the fence made by Mulecab.com.
Layne ps, usual disclaimers apply.