Band Saw Problem

<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"> <html> I have a Craftsman 12" bandsaw, about 20 years old.&nbsp; Recently I have had problems with keeping the two wheels co-planar.&nbsp; The bottom wheel moves out, i.e. toward the operator.&nbsp; I line it up, tighten the set screw, cut some pieces and then it is out again.&nbsp; I am using a 1/2" blade.&nbsp; Does anyone have an explanation for this, and a solution (short of buying a new saw - which I intend to do someday?) <p>Bruce</html>
It sounds like you need to check/replace the bearing in each wheel.
--
Rumpty

Probably want to replace the tires when you do the bearings as well

Bet you dollars to dogturds it's the "E" ring retainer on the lower shaft. While you're in there, fix what else looks suspicious. Read bearing numbers and buy locally, versus Sears.
I didn't think that thing could tension a 1/2" blade. One I had was less than rigid with a tensioned 3/8.