Band saw blade recommendations needed..

Just finished assembly of my new Delta 14" BS today.
It came with a 1/4" blade, regular tooth (I believe).
Anyways, I'll be needing a 1/2" blade for resawing plus an "All purpose blade"..
I don't mind paying a bit more for the Carbide, sounds like its worth the money.
The local Rockler's stocks Olson blades, are they a good choice? If not, any suggestions?
ThankX, Ron
This guy has a lot of info on bandsaw blades ...
http://www.tufftooth.com /
Ron wrote:

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek

I have WoodSlicer (Highland Hardware) and Timberwolf (Suffolk machinery, www.suffolkmachinery.com/ ) blades. Both work well.     mahalo,     jo4hn
After trying the Highland Hardware Woodslicer, the version previous to the current one, and high tension I read about the low tension blades PS was selling at shows. About that time a thread showed up here discussing a magazine article several years ago touting super high tension and the repair facilities being flooded with bearing replacement work. Found out PS was selling Suffol Machinery blades and called them and haven't looked further. 1-800-234-SAWS and give them blade length and what you want to do and listen to their suggestion.

For re-sawing, they'll probably recommend the 3/4 inch AS-S blade on a Delta 14 inch bandsaw. These are thin kerf, low tension blades that will work fine with a 1HP motor.
    "THE AS-S: This blade is only available in 3/4" x 3tpi. Its     uniqueness lies in the fact that it is only .025 thick with our     unique set pattern. The total overall set is .048 thousandths of     an inch. This band was specifically designed for straight-line     veneer cutting. When you are resawing very expensive woods that     are thick and you want as thin a kerf as possible, a super finish,     and you are not concerned with speed, this is the band for you."
I don't get paid for speedy work and I do have to pay for the wood. I'd rather take my time and get a great finish the first time through. Granted, 4/4 QS oak isn't very expensive, but my supplier is 100 miles away. I don't want to waste any good wood.
--
I can find no modern furniture that is as well designed and emotionally
satisfying as that made by the Arts and Crafts movement in the early years

I "almost" bought 2 olson blades... combination for 1/2" and 3/4" blades in 105" (14" with riser) was about $45 plus shipping, or $50 locally... ended up having a local saw shop weld up 2 each of 3/8" 5/8" and 3/4" to my tooth specs for $75 out the door, and they seem to be very good blades..
Also, I'm a bandsaw newbie and cut a lot of firewood for bowl blanks and I'm hard on blades, so I'd rather bind and kink a $10 blade than a $20+ one..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
bcsaw.com was suggested by FWW, in an article that simplied BSing -- bandwawing ;-)
There was a review of blades prior to that article also. bcsaw had top blades at the lowerest cost. There were better blades (better being a relative term)
I have the bcsaw 1/2" 3tpi skip tooth. No complaints. $57 US, shipped for 4 blades. Qty of 4 was a 15% discount over a single blade.