Ban On Exporting Ebony Question

I'm reviewing some architectural drarings for a meeting in the morning and there on the draring the designer has noted a piece to be McCasser Ebony. What I'm wondering is, has the ban on exporting certain tropical hardwoods spread to Scotland?
Thanks in advance and if you could e-mail me the answer I would appreciate it onna 'count of I don't read this forum too often onna 'count of the foul language and off topic posting.
UA100

I'm not clear on your question, are you exporting it _from_ Scotland, or are you exporting it from somewhere else _to_ Scotland? Just to be safe, I'd be happy to take that piece of Ebony off your hands in case you need more room in the garage again or something. (most of that wood is now in projects by the way, thanks!)

Oh, piss off, Keith.

Don't let the Scots have ebony, they might make more of those damned pipes out of it....
On 20 Sep 2004 17:49:34 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@codesmiths.com (Andy Dingley) wrote:

The game's over - they already have haggas.
(as W would say, "It's Nukular.")
Regards, Tom.
Cute. Think he knows Haggis from haggas?
http://www.ukcites.gov.uk/default.asp for the rules.
(Andy Dingley)

"An odd thing--ironical, you might say-- in connection with haggis is that it is not Scottish. In an old cook book, published 1653, it is specifically mentioned as an English dish called haggas or haggus, while France claims it as her mince (hachis) going about under an alias. It would be rather amusing if it turned out that Burns was really a couple of Irish boys named Pat and Mike."
P.G. Wodehouse
("There's only three things you got to do; pull the pin, throw, and duck. Of course, the order is important".)
Regards, Tom.
"Tom Watson" wrote in message

Always thought there was a Cajun in the woodpile somewhere along the line. If you've had the pleasure of suppin' on boudin, you'll know what I mean.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04

Ah, good point. Yes, they should not be allowed Ebony. Ever.