Ebony Wood Where Are You?

Both of my local yards don't carry ebony wood. Woodcraft carries it, but it costs an arm and a leg. Anyone know of a good mail order for it?

I need a few 8" strips for some inlay. And a few 1/4" square plugs.

Thanks

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

You might also consider Blackwood.

Consider looking at pen blanks. IIRC I bought a dozen Blackwood pen blanks for about $20.

Reply to
Leon

You may want to look for some persimmon, also.

down to the bottom of the link for a few "wood" specifics.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

When has ebony not cost an arm a leg? Maybe before the ancient Egyptians started using it? :-)

A crowbar to the wallet is needed for ebony.

Luigi

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

Not sure exactly what you need, but Lee Valley carries some.

?c=1&p=62168&cat=1,250,43217

Reply to
Upscale

's pricey stuff. Wowsers.

Reply to
Robatoy

Clarks Hardwood Lumber in Houston. They had quite a bit today, probably in excess of a hyndred bf.

will be pricey, but worth a call.

Reply to
Leon

West Penn Hardwoods has anything you want and smoe woods you never heard of. Their site is

burtwitlin