Ash Table all Galooed up w/pics

Hello everyone,
I did the final glued up on my big ash table tonight,
http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/ashtabledryfit3.jpg
With the new longer drawer runners in, it wasn't 4" to narrow this time (Doh!) I did measure twice the first time, I just measured the wrong thing....
Here is the table as it stands right now with the drawer in it and the drawer kicker installed,
http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/ashtablegalooedup.jpg
Here is a close up of the drawer,
http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/ashtabledrawer.jpg
The dovetails are not perfect and I am alright with that. I much prefer the oddities and irregularities of not perfect dovetails vs. machine cut precision.
The reveal around the drawer is quite small, just what I was looking for,
http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/ashtabledrawerreveal.jpg
All I have to do now is make the buttons to hold the top to the skirt (although gravity might be enough with the top weighing in at ~150lbs) and pick a finish. I am vacillating between water based poly for total ease (and inevitable damage from a 16 year old) and a stain and oil poly finish. I know the foreman would like a dark or dark red finish. I am still on the fence about the finish. I guess I will know tomorrow when I start it...
Thanks for looking,
David.
Every Neighbourhood has One, in Mine I'm Him.
Looks nice David. We'll be looking forward too seeing it finished and seeing what color you paint it. ;~)