Anyone use these clamps?

Tire here in Canada has these on sale this week. They're made by Gross Stabil, but branded by Bessey. Are they any good? How do they compare to K-bodys or Cabinetmasters?

thanks

Reply to
bob

"bob" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I have 8 or ten of these. They're every bit as good as KBodies, of which I have more. Made in Germany, no?

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

I was in a shop recently where the staff preferred the Gros Stabil's to both the Jorgys and the Besseys. Pretty high-end shop, with loads of work too.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

Well, gee, if a high end shop isn't use Bessy's, maybe I better eBay all my Bessy's. and here I thought I liked them! DOH!

Dave

Reply to
David

"bob"

I use these.

do a fair amount of welding/fabrication and these clamps are fabulous. I also have maybe 6 sets of the PC2 48" Parallel clamps as well. Good quality and they work great. I'll buy them when they are cheaper than the K-body. The K-body's I have are also very good clamps. Scott Phillips now has his name scribbled on them and that irks me a bit but after a quick shot of paint, I'm fine with them. One can never have too many clamps!

Dave

Teamcasa

Yup, those are the ones. When I saw them in the flyer, I scratched my head 'cause I'd not seen them before from Bessey, and checked the Bessey website. Nowhere to be found, but sure enough, they're on the GS website. But you know, I didn't look at the price carefully. 52 clams for a 50". The Bessey K-bodys are only 58 for that size and the Jorgys are 51 at LV. Hmmm, why bother?

Reply to
bob

I feel your pain, Dave...

I'll tell you what... just send me those funky bessy's and you'll feel much better... *g*

Mac

mac davis