Reply to
Wayne

Is it a Richards?

How Much?

Where is it located?

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

A die saw is something like a band saw except with a really big reach isn't it?

Reply to
Upscale

Actually it's more like a scroll saw (OK, it's a scroll saw) only on steroids. It also has a self contained drill to allow drilling the interior of a die panel to insert the blade without entering from the side.

say (tmPL), it would be the last scrollie you'd ever need to buy and the pukie ducks would be HUGE!!!

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

rights to one of these. :)

Reply to
Upscale

I will post a picture in the next week or so. Ok here it goes, picture this its a high precession table saw on its right side. about a 18 x 20 table. The arbor is fixed so no tilting the blade It uses a standard blade. On the left is a 18X18 table that runs on rails and has a cast iron fence that has a movement with thousands on an inch accuracy. The whole table moves with the wood, the wood is cut by a facing mill cutter again fixed arbor. The whole saw is cast iron and must be in the 500 pound or more range. Single phase with triple belts to drive the blades. My dad uses this and his unisaw but is getting there in his years. this is a very accurate machine that was from the days when he hand made molds and dies for the packaging industry. We live in Connecticut

Reply to
Wayne

I believe that these machines are no longer used much in box making - my neighbor is a die maker for a box company - now it is all CNC Laser cutters - straight from the CAD program to the laser -

BillyB

Reply to
BillyBob

That's correct, my dad used this many years ago for his package profession. He now uses the machine in his home shop to do detailed work.

are 2 books my dad wrote.

Reply to
Wayne

profession.

And you still haven't said how much you want for the die saw?

Reply to
Upscale

Actually/probably not. I have a friend who is looking for one and I always look out for these/this sort of thing.

I'm going to have to look back at Wayne's description and re-read it again. It didn't sound too awful lot like he was describing a sooper scrollie to me.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

This sounds like a printer's saw like a Hammond TrimOSaw or a Ben Franklin (among others who made/sold these saws).

So again,

Is it a printer's saw?

What is the make?

Where is it located?

How much?

UA100, with seven down and thirteen to go in the question and answer lightening round and wondering, is this thing on?...

Reply to
Unisaw A100

The saw is in connecticut and for price? not to sure make an offer. I will try to get some pictures and a name off it when I see my dad next week.

Reply to
Wayne