Any good sharpening services in Milwaukee area?

I need a sharpening service for a couple of jointer blades. This is a used jointer (Inca), the blades are no longer available from the manufacturer, and this is my first jointer. So I am hoping to find someone that knows what they are doing.

I'm also hoping to find someone that can cut me another set of blades. I was told that a lot of sharpening services have access to HS tool steel bars that blades are made out of and that they can cut new blades. Don't know if that is true, but I may be interested in a second set of blades if it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Thanks, Phil

Reply to
cgallery

Learn to sharpen them yourself. I sharpen my own jointer and planer knives and get better results than the service I use to send them off to.

You need ONE jig and you can sharpen both your jointer and planer knives. See my jig/fixture section of my web page.

Reply to
stoutman

Oh fine, I'll do it myself! :-)

Love the jig, didn't want to buy the Veritas thingy.

You are the wind beneath my wings.

Thanks, Phil

Reply to
cgallery

I am willing to bet you will be more pleased with your own sharpening results than your service you send them to. Plus, You will get your blades back in the planer the SAME day!

I use to use the woodcraft sharpening service and I always saw grooves in the newly sharpened edge. You know what they say: "If you want it done right, do it yourself!"

Stoutman

a NEW look)

Reply to
stoutman