Any Cool WoodDorking Places Near Knoxville, TN?

Got a bidness trip to the area starting on Sunday.
They told me it was near Dollywood.
I asked if I could get room 44-DD.
So far, no response.
(sigh)
Regards, Tom Watson Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email) http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1

Just down the road form Dollywood is Arrowmont---- http://www.arrowmont.org /
This would be well worth a side trip.
Stuart Johnson Red Oak, Texas
Lonnie Bird has a school/shop in Dandridge .. .. just a short trip from Knoxville/Pigeon Forge.

You'll be close to the Smokies. If you want a view take the short hike up to Clingman's Dome (asphalt path). You'll see lots of dead pine trees, destroyed by the Southern Pine beetle. There's a Black-and-Decker Outlet store in Gatlinburg, where they sell reconditioned tools. Tennessee has the highest state sales tax in the nation.

My sister lives near Knoxville, and she knows a guy who works at a piano factory in that area. I've never seen a piano factory, but if they have tours, it would seem that that would be a worthwhile side trip.
I'll post the particulars tonight (after I find them out from my sis).
-Phil Crow
P.S. They use walnut in those pianos, and anything that's not, uh, whatever the highest grade of lumber is, they throw away (or give to employees). Talk about dumpster diving, huh?
Phil Crow writes:

Doesn't it kill ya? You'd be head first in that dumpster daily if you were lucky.
I've seen chair frame manufacturers who would dump a pick-up load of cut-offs onto anyone's P-U for a munificent 6 bucks. But that was years ago. Now, they grind up all that mahogany, cherry, walnut, poplar, oak and other junk wood and...pelletize and heat the factory.
It really, really hurts.
Charlie Self "A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right." Thomas Paine