cool-crete or cool-deck

I need to pour a 4" slab of decking around a pool and match it to the existing one with cool-crete (or cool-deck...is there a difference?)

Is cool-crete (cool-deck) a product one can buy, or is it a specific mix of cement, sand and other ingredients?

The existing slab has a knock-down texture which I plan to match by spraying cool-deck material from a sheetrock texture sprayer if it will flow, or by splashing the material from a stiff broom. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to
reader

appreciated.

Kool deck as it is known here, is the same as what your asking about.

Yep you can buy it. Pool/plaster wholesalers will sell to almost anyone. so walking in with cash will get your product loaded in the back of your vehicle. 75 pound bags if I remember correctly.

The finished product is expensive if you hire some one to do it. The materials are not cheap either. I did some patching of my kool deck before I sold it and a quart bottle was ~$20.

Do you deal with adhesion of concrete products often? I do not and would not consider what your trying to do. First I could never match or come close to the existing pattern. Second I do not own a mixer nor the amount of time it takes to do a good sized area. You have to prep the concrete and then install. If you do it in sections it will look like that when your done.

Reply to
SQLit

My neighbor has that cool crete coating around his pool and since we are in Florida and have sandy soil it is cracking all over the place and is just 18 months new....good luck, Ross

Reply to
Ross Mac