Another kind of Woodworking

So Swingman is probably recuperating from housing and entertaining tons of relatives and his eldest daughter, SIL, and two delightful grand sons. Those four were here from England for 3 weeks.

Swingman may have posted a hand made knife that Mark, his SIL, made for him while on this visit using Mark's um er uh Swingman's shop. ;~)

Anyway, as a BD gift, Mark presented me with my own knife. I was honored to have received this surprise.

Moments after receiving.

The whole knife is 6.5" long. The mesquite was pulled out of a small batch of pre chopped fire wood.

Two days later another friend/neighbor took the knife and returned it a week later. ;~)

A prized treasure for which I am honored to own.

Thank you Swingman for subletting your shop. ;~) Thank you Craig for the carving.

Reply to
Leon

Wow, you can't buy that kind of stuff at any price. You really treasure a gift like that.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

What, no coat of arms? No silver/gold inlay on the steel??

It's bloody gorgeous, Leon, started out that way and the neighbor/friend lifted it even further.

Reply to
dadiOH

That is gorgeous! Did your neighbor do the engraving on the blade guard? That belongs in a museum--The Ross Museum to be exact.

Reply to
G. Ross

Yes, he did all of the engraving. He is a semiretired gun engraver.

Leon

That is all very, very nice. Neither one of those can be used for throwaway's any more. :)

Both are gorgeous pieces.

Reply to
OFWW

I'll pass that on. My contribution has been to oil the sheath. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Recuperated, still jealous as hell ... ;)

Reply to
Swingman