Angle Glue-up

I have been asked to build a pulpit for a local congregation. All straight forward, except for the glue up. It is made up of 5 panels (frame and panel construction). The center three panels are 17 1/8" wide and the two side panel, which are parallel to each other, are 10 1/8" wide. The width of the pulpit is 42".
Also the center three panels are 7" taller than the side two to fit a step in the chancel area, which is not a problem, I will glue it up upside down.
Any hints on how to clamp this thing up?
I would imagine gluing it up in sections would be the smart thing to do.
A carpenter friend of mine suggested using corner blocks cut the the inside angle and screwing the panels to the blocks. That would work and would add strength to the whole. I am not too sure how it would look.
Thanks
Deb
Dr. Deb wrote:

Waxed MDF formers might help. The formers could be cut with parallel faces for clamping, or used with band clamps.
Biscuits or pocket screws might also help alignment, depending on other details.
Barry

straight
down.
inside
add
Hot gluing angle cut blocks to the outside faces would be a typical method. Knock them off and scrape/sand the faces after glueup.
Do you have a drawn plan? I am too interested in how you going to do about this. I am also having to make one for a Church. I am planning to use biscuits and maybe pocket screws.

Sounds like your friend doesn't use pocket screws (Kreg Jig K2000) or aware of biscuits. But, adding "scrap" blocks could add strength, but will make the pulpit heavier. It's good to have a good weight to hold the pulpit stable, but don't want it too heavy (need to move it around, etc).

Chuck
I think biscuits or loose tenon and clamping cauls. I'll try to draw up my idea tonight and post it. Basicially a caul on each side of the angled joint that hooks the edge of the panel stile. My idea assumes a square edge on the inside of the stiles.