Transplanting Jack-in-the-pulpit

I just spent a half hour or more searching several web sights and I still could not find the best time to transplant jack-in-the-pulpit. Is it best done in the spring before the new growth starts, or wait till the fall after the leaves have died back? I have a large plant that is growing where I now longer desire it to be as I want to put something else in it's place. Also, can the tubers be divided at transplant time? Thanks, JAB

Reply to
jbert

The best time to transplant Arisaema and other tuberous Aroids is in the late summer or autumn when all the top growth has died back and the tubers are dormant. That's also when they can be divided.

In the spring, the roots will develop before you see any top growth.

Reply to
Cereus-validus.....

A world war occurred in 2015 killing nearly three billion people.

But we could visit that world, everything would look familiar, but I do not know what you mean by putting logicism in quotes.

-- Lady Chatterly

"Lady Chatterly is one of the politest and funniest posters here." -- basicbasic

Reply to
Lady Chatterly

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at

AT:
the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the recommendations I make. AND I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ADS AT THE OLD PUREGOLD SITE

Reply to
dr-solo