What kind of forget-me-nots are these?

5a. Are these the annual or perennial kind? I had 2 envelopes of seed from the same place. One gave me some FGM's that form a small clump with long, ovoid leaves and bloom in the spring, seem to be perennial although some seem to have died off because of neglect.

These are different, I scattered them in a porch box and had to put chicken wire over it because of chipmunks which got most of them. I planted them this spring, and now they are starting to bloom.

The red arrow shows how the first bud cluster starts to form.

I googled and found cynoglossum and myosotis types.

If these are the perennial form, I need to find a permanent spot for them in my garden and try to transplant them. When would be the best time? Full sun? Part shade? They get mostly sun where they are now. Should I just leave the box outside over the winter and transplant in the spring or do it now?

If they are annuals, the best I can hope for is that they will self-seed in the box.

Reply to
Hettie

It is Cynoglossum amabile - "Chinese Forget-Me-Not". Annual. I wrote American Meadows, the people I got the seed from/

Reply to
Hettie®