An on topic discussion on gluing!

Smooth vs. rough surfaces for best glue line strength?
http://www.popularwoodworking.com/techniques/best-wood-glue-surface-smooth-or-rough?et_midV2992&rid341059
I know this has come up in the past but it's worth repeating.... the comments section is interesting.

http://www.popularwoodworking.com/techniques/best-wood-glue-surface-smooth-or-rough?et_midV2992&rid341059
From BBQ and around the alphabet to beer, moderation in all things...
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On Tue, 19 Jun 2012 12:54:44 -0400, John Grossbohlin wrote:

Well, I agree with his comments on smooth is best, but he's wrong when he says "For hammer veneering, you can use either hot or liquid hide glue."
Liquid hide glue does *not* work. It doesn't dry fast enough and isn't sticky enough. DAMHIKT.