Americans should buy Lee Valley tools and sell back to Canadians on Ebay.

Page 6 of 9

Canadians still paid more. There has never been a point in at least the last two years where Canadians didn't pay more than Americans.

Canadians
I hate to feed a troll - but can't let inaccurate statements stand.... our pricing policy overall sets US prices 2-3% higher than Canadian prices, for the exchange rate we price with. This reflects our additional cost of customs work, and absorbing any duty...

Perhaps you could give us the date prices were finalized for the last catalog so I can check that. Because it certainly wasn't true the day I first received it.
Frankly I believe you are lying.

You know Frank you certainly do not have to buy from LeeValley. The information you are requesting is absolutely none of your business.

In other words you agree with me. LOL!
On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 16:23:09 GMT, "Leon"

Why do you guys keep responding to this retard?
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net

Because that's what Rob Lee wanted.
In one of my first posts I praised Lee Valley customer service and felt it was worth paying a bit more.
Rob Lee in his response snipped that part of my post out. His response was basically marching orders to his groupies to flame me out of the Wreck.
Didn't work as well as he liked<g>, so a few days later Rob responded with a veiled threat.
That didn't work either. Just verified that he's an asshole.
I've already said that along with common sense, Lee Valley groupies lack any semblance of self control.
Robert wrote:

I think someone needs a thicker tin foil hat
dribbled the following onto his keyboard:

LOL! Like I said, these groupies are completely incontinent.

May I suggest you look at: http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/m5?s D&t=USD&a=1&c=2
You will note that any canadian who set their prices at anytime in the last 2 years based on the current (at that time) exchange rate would lose money on American sales quite rapidly; the CAD has steadily gained (overall) on the USD for the last 2 years. If LV set the current batch of prices in May/June as claimed, they got especially screwed if they did not hedge.
The problem with your accusation is that you insist that Canadian customers are getting screwed. There is another way to look at it: American customers are getting a bargain at the expense of LV. Which is the case? I can't say for sure, but your absolute insistence on viewing it as "being screwed" tends to make me believe you are just the kind of person who thinks everyone is out to screw you. I rather doubt you are that desirable.
PK
"Paul Kierstead" wrote in message

Indeed ... you can safely remove all doubt.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

No American customers are getting a bargain at the expense of Canadian customers. No big deal. Lee Valley doesn't really need Canadian customers if they can get enough American ones. I suspect that their business plan in a nutshell.<g>

comma added.

Think of it as the prescription drug thing, only in reverse.
Why do you guys keep responding to this retard?
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 11:27:16 -0500, Paul Kierstead
Why do you guys keep responding to this retard?
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
LRod did say:

Even retards deserve a response.
--
New project = new tool. Hard and fast rule.

Robert wrote:

if you don't like his prices than don't support his establishment! I don't buy from woodworkers supply, I don't even open the catalogs that they send me, they screwed me on an order and seemed rather incompetent on fixing it, I I don't care what there charging. if you don't like Mr Lee's prices than go someware else no one makes you buy from him

Very few people in this group shop at Sears but it doesn't stop them from commenting on the quality of the Craftsman tools.
On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 09:30:52 -0700, Richard Clements