Amazon service --poor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2

ordered
fixed
it
Amazing. Like you Dave, I would be pretty upset with that crock. I too have over 25 years in this business and you simply could not convince me of such a thing.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

NOT so amazing. Next time you go to one of those "medical centers" to the doctor, just TRY to pay in cash. It's incredible. No way to enter in the computer, no place to put the lucre. Insurance or check only. It's a hoot!
Last time they told me they'd bill me and gave the cash back.
George wrote:

Just the opposite when I bought my house. At closing, the bank would only accept CASH (no check). I just passed their credit check to buy a house, and they wouldn't accept a check? The woman who processed the transaction put our money in her purse. Wells Fargo was the bank, IIRC. Strangest damn business transaction I've ever been involved in.
Dave

I'll be over in the morning to take possession of your house... I checked into things and it seems the closing transaction was never officially recorded with the former owner, bank or county so I put a claim in on it... ;~)
John
"John Grossbohlin" wrote in message

it...
You're too late ... the city has already decided to use eminent domain and replace it with high density condo's to increase their tax base ... for the good of all, of course.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/05
Swingman said:

Amen...
Greg G.
John Grossbohlin wrote:

Termites and squirrels too? :)
Dave
Dave wrote:

I ordered a PC dovetail jig from them last week. Even with the free shipping it was delivered in 3 days. I have always had excellent luck with them.
Dick Durbin

Can't speak for "any" but I don't. I had one item that came in after three days, not two days, and I sent an e-mail letting them know. They e-mailed me an apology and a $5 gift e-coupon.
Ricky
Dave wrote:

I'm in a battle with them right now. Ordered a compressor on 12/1 that said it normally ships w/in 24 hours and I got free 2-day shipping since they bumped me up to Amazon Prime. It's still not here. I also ordered a hammer stapler from them that was supposed to be the same deal. It's not here either. Nothing like hand-nailing and sharing a stapler.
JP ****************** Wasting time.

The nice thing about Coastal Tools is that I walk out with the tool in hand. I can call ahead to see if it is in stock if need be.
Amazon is OK for the guy out in the boonies, or if you have plentyof time, but if I need something NOW, I'll go local every time.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Gee Ed, that's really profound. :)
Dave
Jay Pique wrote:

Well it arrived, 6 days after ordering. Stapler is great. Compressor is damaged and will need to be returned. What a PITA.
JP
On 05 Dec 2005, Dave spake unto rec.woodworking:

Have you tried whining to them? Whining to US probably won't help.
Scott