All I want for Christmas.......

http://www.lie-nielsen.com/catalog.php?grp 98#
What say you all chip in and get it for me? Deal?
-Zz

I'll take any swing chisel mortiser
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJUJ796jxls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_okz7yV1QPo

Quite the machines. I guess with machines like that around, most of us would have to settle for the poor man's manually operated swing chisel mortiser and buy the Festool Domino. :)
On 12/18/2010 8:31 PM, Upscale wrote:

LOL ... cool machine function but overkill for us chickens, just like their background music ... worse than balloons at a used car lot.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 12/18/2010 9:31 PM, Upscale wrote:

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 15:30:07 -0800 (PST), "SonomaProducts.com"

And I want a 4x8' ShopBot (or better equivalent) and a copy of Vectric Aspire CAD/CAM software.
Thanks, guys and girls.
This'll be a swell Christmas!
-- "A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." --Edward Abbey

JUST got Aspire V3 upgrade. One tool alone was worth the upgrade price. What a great bunch of guys to deal with. (You do know that the PartsWorks(sp?) from Shopbot is made by Vectric, yes? (No 3D capabilities though, AFAIK.) No regrets I bought the General, but I would have been just as happy with a 'Bot. I expect my complete payback sometime summer '11
My business associate on the countertop side has just walked me through making a pen for Angela. He brought out some exotic wood chunks from his days as a missionary in the Venezuelan jungle and parked his lathe at my shop.... now that hobby isn't too addicting now izzit? Now I am wanting an A-axis indexer, dammit...(Aspire already has that built in)... but there can't be any money in pens, can there? Does Festool make any pen mechanisms, Parker style?.... *slaps self*
On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 10:02:58 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

Ah dinna know it. Googled and found "partworks", one 's'.

Complete ROI in less than a year? COOL!

I never got turned on by those spinny things (aka "lathe"), but it does have its minor uses, I guess.

I sure don't think so. Too many (decent) amateurs doing it nowadays.

As well you should. ;)
-- "A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." --Edward Abbey

Almost 2 years at that point. Still not too shabby. Are you thinking servos or steppers on your Bot? I want to add a small one, with vacuum, and a spindle, maybe a Gorilla Jr. or Shopbot Buddy, that way I won't tie up the 4x8 whilst the little one is carving its little guts out all night and day. Figure on an hour per square ft of you're doing any kind of textured backgrounds. http://www.imaginationcorporation.ca/textures/index.html Check out some of Dan's other pages. He's one of the wilder Canuckistanis.

So would CNC become N routering as it will be C-Less one day soon?
On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 13:04:24 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

Probably not a Bot, but a self-build. I'm still researching it and deciding whether or not to go into hock over it. Probably steppers until I go full-bore and full-time, if I do.

Yeah, I hear that. I could always use my homemade unit for that and a larger setup for larger commercial work. What kind of noise is your setup putting out? 90dB or so?

Purty cool! Bitmaps, eh? I've done bits of texturing work for years in Photoshop, Painter, and Expression.

It's possiBULL.
-- "A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." --Edward Abbey

Yup, bitmaps. White is high, black is low... and 16 bit grey scale in between. That's pretty high res. on the Z plane. the x-y are vectors so whatever the machine can resolve. Alien Skin Eye Candy 5: Textures i Photoshop is a lot of fun.

A fella would have to make a whole buncha "whatevers" to justify the CNC swing mortiser. Sure beats my delta all to hell tho'
RP

How about we chip in and just get you the _two_ screwdrivers used to adjust the plane? $50 to adjust two screws. Sheesh.
On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 07:57:52 -0800 (PST), RicodJour

'k.
On 12/18/2010 4:00 PM, Zz Yzx wrote:

Nice I would like to have some, of the selection, my late Uncles had from who knows how long ago. I didn't much care for using them, as a kid but was fascinated by them.