advice on a wooden fan blade

Hi gents, was wondering where i could find some imformation regarding building my own ceiling fan, I would like to try something nostalgic like a wooden ww 1or 2 airplane propeller either 2 blade or 3 blade design, any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Dan

Perhaps you should clarify by what you mean by "build" the fan. Are you going to wind the armature and make a motor? Or are you looking for blade designs?
Thanls Ed I should have been more clear. I would like to use an existing fan motor and mount but i would like to make my own fan blades.I was going to build a wooden body to hide the motor but still allowing it to cool itself. As for the blades ,same thickness ,spacing , pitch and harmonic balance comes into play, this is where I'm lost. I like the old wooden airplane propeller design,again any help would be useful. The wood that flew out of my lathe last winter and struck me in the chest, is still bouncing around in the basement. I'm not to keen on the getting hit with a homemade fan blade.

You prolly already know this - but the blades on all my fans are flat. Are you "bent" on carving a true propeller shape?