AARP Woodworkers - Home Depot Discount!

Page 1 of 2

If you are an AARP member, you can go to the AARP website and buy Home Depot gift cards for 4% off. So, you get a $25 card for $24, $50 card for $48, etc. Limit of $500 worth of cards per day. Says it's OK to buy them for yourself.
Not a whole lot, but hey, every little bit helps. Covers half the sales tax anyway.
-jj
--
Remove BOB to email me

Add pictures here
βœ–
Wed, Jan 18, 2006, 7:46pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (JJ) doth burble: If you are an AARP member, you can go to the AARP website and buy Home Depot gift cards for 4% off. So, you get a $25 card for $24, $50 card for $48, etc. Limit of $500 worth of cards per day. Says it's OK to buy them for yourself. Not a whole lot, but hey, every little bit helps. Covers half the sales tax anyway.
I'm a member of AARP. They'd have to give me at least a 50% discount, before I'd even consider walking into a HD, let alone buying something from there.
JOAT If you can't say anything nice about someone, you must be talking about Hilary Clinton.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Darn, guess I'd better sell our HD stock.
Walt Conner
Add pictures here
βœ–
J T wrote:

I regularly get a case of the ass at both HD and Lowes, so it depends on who pissed me off the most recently that determines where I'm going to shop. Being pissed is one thing... but I don't generally let it get in the way of business, if it's to my advantage.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

βœ–
Thu, Jan 19, 2006, 2:53am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@carolina.rr.com.REMOVE (Mortimer Schnerd, RN) doth sayeth: I regularly get a case of the ass at both HD and Lowes, so it depends on who pissed me off the most recently that determines where I'm going to shop. Being pissed is one thing... but I don't generally let it get in the way of business, if it's to my advantage.
In all the HD and Lowes I've gone in, the HD rates so very much lower in terms of service, items I need, and so on, that Lowes is permanently waaay above it. I actually get good service in Lowes - the help actually can tell me where something is, or at least will find me someone that knows, and they actually have more than one model of whatever. HD just isn't in the same league. But, Lowes is still waaay second to the local Ace Hardware.
JOAT If you can't say anything nice about someone, you must be talking about Hilary Clinton.
Add pictures here
βœ–
J T wrote:

Heheh, we here call the neighborhood hardware store Gay Value.
They have a lot of shower curtains and doilies, and you have to ask permission to get into the locked area where they keep the tools (keeps the crackheads and trustafarians off their kit.) Rumor has it it's the goto destination for pickups.
Hey, it's a gay neighborhood, and I like it.
er
--
email not valid

Add pictures here
βœ–
Likewise. And we have Menard's just up the street, and a Farm & Fleet not far away, so there are a lot of choices before Home Depot.
J T wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:32:40 -0600, Mike Berger wrote:

Some areas aren't so fortunate. Here it's either Home Despot or a *very* expensive Ace store with even crappier tools. There is a Western Tool (expensive) and a local tool dealer (even more expensive). I generally buy tools mail order and am close to a major Grizzley order (drilll press and table saw). Oh, the local tree-huggers (as opposed to tree turners) are trying their best to keep Lowes from ever opening. They've been saying "next fall" for at least three years now.
--
Keith

Add pictures here
βœ–
J T wrote:

that depends on your local. The HD here is much more helpful than Lowles. Lowles has improved though, but how hard is it to improve from less than zero?
RV
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

that has the lumber I'm looking for is blocked off. I don't have the luxury of hanging around while they restock lumber. Never happened at Lowes. If I can find it, I'll try Lowles. Time costs (usually me) Hank
Add pictures here
βœ–
Henry St.Pierre wrote:

that's what I call it. Lowless!
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Add pictures here
βœ–
Dave wrote:

I disagree strongly with some of their positions (like guns). OTOH, just staying one weekend in a hotel somewhere can result in enough savings to more than pay for the membership.
As an aside, some quirk on their website wouldn't allow me to join unless I entered my wife's name. So shortly after that, I received one card in my name and another in the name of Div Orced. I shit you not.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

βœ–
If you are traveling stop at a gas station or welcome center and get a booklet. There are coupons in it that beat the AARP discount. Also, if you are 60 or older most motels give you a discount anyway. Other ways to get a cheaper rate is by going to several sites on the internet for a cheap rate, and if you are a motor club member you may also get a break in price. AARP can stick it in their ear as far as I'm concerned.

Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 20:15:31 +0000, Dave wrote:

We stayed in a holtel in Ogunquit Maine last summer (SHMBO had to be obeyed on our 34th anneversary) had about a 40% discount for AARP. My wife qualifies for membership (she got the paperwork; somehow they missed me, so I tell her that *she's* old), but...

Exactly!
--
Keith

Add pictures here
βœ–
J T wrote:

Your a member but do you support their agenda's? They're about as left a group as you can get. Probably as bad as the ACLU! I have been asked to join, but no way would I support an outfit that appoints Harry Belfonte their spokesman. Calling the Pres. of the USA a terrorist, the communist should be arrested for treason.
I have many names for Hilary, but never would I call her a terrorist.
RV
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
"welcome center and get a booklet.There are coupons in it that beat the AARP discount. Also, if you are 60 or older most motels give you a discount anyway."
I agree completely. We first joined AARP when you could get a lifetime membership for about $20. Didn't opt for that, took a 10 year for (?) When it ran out, cost was up considerably and don't like their politics. We have traveled all 50 states have never missed having AARP, above suggestion is excellent.
Walt Conner
Add pictures here
βœ–
Evodawg wrote:

Me neither, but then she neither lied to foment a war, nor illegally ignored the judicial branch to spy on her own.
[followups jiggered]
er
--
email not valid

Add pictures here
βœ–

Well, that's good. Since no one else did so either, we are in good shape.

comments thee

βœ–
:> :>Me neither, but then she neither lied to foment a war, nor illegally :>ignored the judicial branch to spy on her own.:> : : Well, that's good. Since no one else did so either, we are in good : shape.
You really believe that Bush's wiretappings without warrants are legal? C'mon.
    -- Andy Barss
Add pictures here
βœ–