A wee gloat

I'd been talking to a fellow at work for some time about woorddorking (he's a former lithier, currently more interested in building RC airplanes). He'd mentioned he had a jointer he was willing to part with, and while I was interested we never managed to get together on it.
Went over today and picked up a 4" National Power Tools jointer with (not original) stand and (not original) motor. It's in gorgeous condition, two spots of rust on it both smaller around than a pencil eraser.
He'd asked $100 Canadian originally, then came down to$75, and when I handed him 4 Twennies, he handed one back to me and said "I changed my mind".
I've got in on the bench now to be cleaned up. The blased have a nick in them so I'll heve to get them sharpened or replaced, but it's a lovely old beast.
Looking on the OWWM forum it appears these are quite rare, but I was delighted to find a PDF of the original manual posted there.
djb
--
Is it time to change my sig line yet?

Dave Balderstone wrote:

When one taketh one must giveth so we will be seeing a picture uploaded to the Photo Index on the OWWM?
Oh! And it sounds like you may suck. Uh-huh, I think maybe you do.
UA100, who hates it when someone describes a machine and he can't look at it...

My sincere, abject apologies sirrah! I shall get me hence with yon digital soul-capturing device and provide the succor you seek so earnestly.
The boon you seek shall be posted to abpw soonest, and to yon OWWM as soon I explore the joining thereof (now that I have a real OWWM).
djb
--
Is it time to change my sig line yet?

Dave Balderstone wrote:

And here we have the fruits of your labor (labour David).
http://owwm.com/PhotoIndex/detail.asp?id 21

And, you are now an OWWMer.
Lest anyone think that it only takes the owning (buying) of one to be one, Dave has given us a little glimpse into the mettle of what it truly means to own and use Old WoodWorking Machinery.
I'll stop short of my speech on our machines living through us and how we are only here to do *their* bidding.
Oh By The Way, I noticed the singular submission of dirty paper for National Power Tools is the owner's manual for the 4" jointer. I'd say the stars have been made into alignment for you and you only on this one. Congrats.
UA100

I also noticed this, I am Blessed.
djb
--
Is it time to change my sig line yet?

Pictures are now at <http://homepage.mac.com/balderstone/PhotoAlbum11.html
I'll post to OWWM as soon as I join the group... This is my first OWWM!
djb
--
Is it time to change my sig line yet?

Dave Balderstone wrote:

Yeah, he sucks. [Nice find, Dave.]
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA

This is the first gloat I'm actually proud of.
I should have it cleaned, squared and running in the next 24 hours.
djb
--
Is it time to change my sig line yet?

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 21:34:02 -0600, Dave Balderstone

cute 'lil bugger.....

Yeah, it's a sweetie...
djb
--
Is it time to change my sig line yet?

dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_S.balderstone.ca says...

So, how bad is the nick? Can you just shift the knives a bit?

Not too bad. I haven't gotten to the blades yet, should know Sunday afternoon. I suspect I can slip slide it away.
djb
--
Is it time to change my sig line yet?

It is done. And may Grid have mercy on my sole.
djb
--
Is it time to change my sig line yet?