A new Tower project completed!

Yabbut she cooks like a coonass ...

Reply to
Swingman

It's likely sacrilegious, but I got a recipe for vegetarian chili, originally aimed at participants in a summercamp - definitely not ritzy. I did change the original 3 tbsp of cayenne pepper to 3 tsp when I tasted it. I also added browned sweet italian sausage or spiced ground meat. I did like the garbanzo beans, so they stayed. My daughter and her family come running when I say I have a new batch ... If anyone is interested, I can copy the recipe ...

Reply to
Han

Sounds green to me... I don't know if you can call that chili... LOL

Reply to
Leon

I'll tell her that and make her day. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

I hear tell that Baldy had his feet bound as a child. He missed going to Geisha school by || that much!

-- Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplacable spark.

In the hopeless swamps of the not quite, the not yet, and the not at all, do not let the hero in your soul perish and leave only frustration for the life you deserved, but never have been able to reach.

The world you desire can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours. -- Ayn Rand

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Izzat 372 parts diced jalapenos, 3 parts diced meat, and enough water to stir it while it cooks down?

Tell her that Ol' Justin said it was a compLEEment. (from his coonass grave) Oh, here's her new sticker:

not let your fire go out, spark by irreplacable spark.

In the hopeless swamps of the not quite, the not yet, and the not at all, do not let the hero in your soul perish and leave only frustration for the life you deserved, but never have been able to reach.

The world you desire can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours. -- Ayn Rand

Reply to
Larry Jaques

No that is jelly not chili!

Reply to
Leon

Nope... She's just not a very good cook. I am.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

-------------------------------------- Neat.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 11:59:17 -0600, Leon

Yup. Really nice looking build. The only downside is that everything else you make has to match this piece.

I'm always jealous of what you build. Not of the pieces themselves, but the fact that you have a suitable space to build it in. When I dream of winning the lottery, it's not tropical vacations and naked women I think about, it's the house with a really nice workshop I imagine. I'm not quite sure if my imagination is working properly or not.

Reply to
Dave

Thank you Dave, the down side began early last year with the bedroom tower project. That piece is one that I am particularly proud of and I wanted this piece to follow suite. If only they were not on such a large scale. ;!)

I do enjoy the room although I have so darn busy since we moved in 12 months ago I have not really had a chance to put things where they need to be. That task began today by relocating the freezer. Later this week a few other items will be relocated and I hope to finally move my lumber stash from the old house to the new one. Thank heavens our son bought our older house so we were not rushed to move although I think he may be getting a bit tired of waiting. LOL

Reply to
Leon

Thanks Lew

Reply to
Leon

Gaaaaaaaaaaaack! I can't stand it any longer.

(hotel) (from gagmewithaspoonbeggars Wikipedia) A suite in a hotel or other public accommodation, denotes a class of luxury accommodations, the key feature of which is multiple rooms. Many properties have one or more "honeymoon suites", and sometimes the best accommodation is called the "presidential suite".

Sorry. I just hadda do it.

I hope it's a very recently purchased freezer. The old ones suck energy like they were going out of style.

Don't worry. I think he knows how slowly old people get around to doing things.

Are you guys as dead in the winter as I am? I have a LifeAlert installation today and 2-3 hours on Friday with an old client, with one hour put in last week. That's it for the month so far.

-- However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. -- Sir Winston Churchill

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Dave wrote the following:

You could have all 3. :-)

Reply to
willshak

Watch out for the day she says she is no good at doing the laundry. :-)

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Well Leon.... you probably just made life harder for a lot of nice guys. How could they follow that up in their own homes?

Beautiful stuff, Leon. Seriously.

After seeing your other work in person, I know the workmanship is excellent. But I love the design work you are doing as it like no other. It has a simple elegance to it that is really appealing to me. I am wondering if it might be time to think about sharing that on a larger platform than this dinky newsgroup (if you aren't already!) and maybe thinking of teaching others.

I am still hoping that Kathy and me can make it to Houston to see all of you in Houston. Maybe we can see it in person then.

On the other hand, I might not want Kathy to see it; I would hate to have to make all the disclaimers if she asked the dreaded "is that something you could do honey?". Yikes!

Gorgeous work.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Au Contraire, Mon Frère.

Suite: n.

  1. A staff of attendants or followers; a retinue.

  1. a. A group of related things intended to be used together; a set.

b. also (s?t) A set of matching furniture: a dining room suite.

(American Heritage Dictionary, 4th ed.)

Max Duryee

Reply to
Max

Everyone shares the household chores (like laundry) around here. As my shop is just off the laundry room, it's an easy thing for me to handle.

The kids do their own.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

On 12/13/2011 7:09 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:On 12/13/2011 7:09 AM, Larry Jaques wrote: > On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 22:46:07 -0600, Leon > wrote: >

The kitchen cabinets had to follow the bedroom suite towers. ;~) I'll blame the spell checker.

About 3 years old at the time, we lefo out 20_ year old on with my son and brought my dad's freezer over.

Yeah he plays that card a lot. >

I have 3 maybe 4 customers waiting for me to start up again. I'm on break till after Christmas. >

Reply to
Leon