A new Tower project completed!

Ohhhhhh, yes, again, the pieces were NOT glued in place until after the round over, and finish was applied.

Reply to
Leon

I was kidding, but that would be a cool twist on the design. I guess a guy with the skills to build that pantry could whip up a rolling ladder in a trice...

Reply to
Greg Guarino

Heh heh heh.

>>> How does one see into the top four, hmm?

Glasses that your inlaws gave you, eh?

-- Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplacable spark.

In the hopeless swamps of the not quite, the not yet, and the not at all, do not let the hero in your soul perish and leave only frustration for the life you deserved, but never have been able to reach.

The world you desire can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours. -- Ayn Rand

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques wrote the following:

Missed the short set of steps on the far end, did you?

Reply to
willshak

Yeah! Actually I might have a rolling ladder for the study and it's 11' tall walls.

Reply to
Leon

I did, and I still can't believe 'em. Sacre bleu, eet joost eezn't doone!

-- Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplacable spark.

In the hopeless swamps of the not quite, the not yet, and the not at all, do not let the hero in your soul perish and leave only frustration for the life you deserved, but never have been able to reach.

The world you desire can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours. -- Ayn Rand

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Looky here

look to the right end of the cabinet.

Reply to
Leon

Oh, I saw them when they were pointed out to me, Leon. But most women wouldn't allow something as ugly and pedestrian as steps in their precious kitchen! Sacre bleu, eet joost eezn't doone!

-- Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplacable spark.

In the hopeless swamps of the not quite, the not yet, and the not at all, do not let the hero in your soul perish and leave only frustration for the life you deserved, but never have been able to reach.

The world you desire can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours. -- Ayn Rand

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

While I made a 2-step stepstool to reach up to otherwise inaccessible areas, it lives in the mudroom on the "park side" of our house. In the kitchen on the street side we have a kickstep roll-about stepstool that we special-ordered through Goodman's Hardware before it sadly closed (pancreatic cancer of owner).

To me, well worth the investment - lightweight, sturdy and you can kick it around when you have your hands full, as when putting away groceries.

or

Han

Maybe you can make another identical set and put them on the other side of the cabinet so they look like part of the cabinet. That way, both of you can access the drawers at the same time. Otherwise, get rid of them and use a kitchen chair to get up there like the rest of us do. :-)

Reply to
willshak

You're one of the few men in the country whose wife will let a set of steps or ladder get anywhere near their PROTECTED AREA, the kitchen. You should feel grateful.

I keep a 2-step folder in the utility room next to the kitchen since I use it very, very seldom.

-- Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplacable spark.

In the hopeless swamps of the not quite, the not yet, and the not at all, do not let the hero in your soul perish and leave only frustration for the life you deserved, but never have been able to reach.

The world you desire can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours. -- Ayn Rand

Reply to
Larry Jaques

LOL. That step stool is kinda heavy, solid white oak. I drag out the kitchen chair when my wife is not looking. She likes to put her seasonal fluff on the step stool steps.

Reply to
Leon

"Larry Jaques" wrote

Same here. But if my wife wants something from a tall shelf, she gets me to reach it for her. She tells her girlfriends that she married me because I am tall.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

I just wanted to tell you I think your piece is absolutely stunning. If you are at all interested in being an author, you should probably send your photos to a magazine or two.

Bill (from Indiana)

Reply to
Bill

Well Thank you Bill!

Reply to
Leon

In this house, the kitchen is MINE.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Your feet must be smaller than hers ;-)

- Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

I agree ... and I actually got to 'tush' it! Photos do not do it justice.

Reply to
Swingman

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I think you'd enjoy my chili better than most of her food. No complaints, just a remark.

Reply to
Han

Your chili is not ,,, green is it? ;~)

The first time my wife made chili for me I thought it was hot dog relish. She is from Tonawanda, NY.

Reply to
Leon