A Good Sharpening Service Near You?

You're supposed to sharpen those things? I've been throwing my saws out and buying new ones.
tt
Saw Supply Monrovia, CA - (Just East of Pasadena)
Their custom blades are IMHO, are better and have more carbide than any I have ever used.

Accurate Cutting Technologies 1248 S Tibbs Ave Indianapolis, IN (317) 243-8415
I thought a bit slow, but they made my well worn dado set better than new.
-Dan V.

snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMcomcast.net (Dan Valleskey) wrote in message

I will second that Dan. I have used this service for the school and I recommend ACT. Many know this as the old Leggitt Saw and Tool. They have taken on new partners and purchased the latest sharpening equipment and they do an exceptionally good job.
Mike from American Sycamore

Eastside Saw And Sales 12880 Bellevue Redmond Rd BELLEVUE, WA 98005 - 2695 (425) 454-7627
For potable water, turn your head toward the sky, open your mouth--this is the Pacific Northwest.

Ridge Tool Lyndhurst, NJ
You can send your stuff via the mail.
-Chris

I've used
A1 Saw Tool & Knife 4900 N Dixie Hwy Oakland Pk Fl <-- suburb of Ft Lauderdale 954 776 6482
I don't know if they're good, not having a body of experience to compare them with, but I've been satisfied. They do sawblades and router bits. I suspect they'd be mystified by a handsaw.
John
Unisaw A100 <

Atlantic Carbide, Somerville, MA.
Unisaw A100 wrote:

V R I Sharpening Service 51 North America Dr. West Seneca, NY 14220 Phone: 716-674-0406
As near as yer postoffice. forrest. period.
NJWG

I hope that you get some good results from this thread, Keith - 'cause I've had terrible luck with sharpening services. Had a couple of nice Leuco CC blades that had the hooked configuration to the tooth and one guy sharpened the hook clean away.
I've taken to keeping the blades real clean and tuning them up with those little DMT diamond abrasiv files. Haven't sent a blade out in about four years.
Of course, using this method, you may wind up with a pile of saw blades that looks like:
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/page28.htm
Ah, well...
Tom Watson wrote:

I call my pile of crappy saw blades "sacrificial anodes" as in the part that gets skanked out in the electrolysis bath. Of course I didn't take the time to make such a nice holder for mine.

Indeed.
UA100
How do you know when something needs sharpening? Duh! When it won't cut worth a damn.
I take my sawblades to Randy Gittinger in Melmore, Ohio.
Good luck. Joe kb8qlr
Be sure to check-out our webpages... http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/kb8qlrjoe/index.html New pictures & links being added frequently.
Accurate Cutting Technologies 1248 S Tibbs Ave Indianapolis, IN (317) 243-8415
I thought a bit slow, but they made my well worn dado set better than new.
-Dan V.

Sure Set Chesapeake VA
Not the fastest, but apparently the only game in town.
Montyhp

C'mon, somebody out there has a Pittsbugh sharpening service don't they?
Dave Hall
I got tired of lookng for a good reliable service and bought a Foley 1055 Sharp-All and a Delta 710, and do my own sharpening.
Allen
Chippewa Carbide Tool & Supply Chippewa Falls, WI
Extra good because my cousin owns it :)

Southeast Sharpening Service, Inc. Gainesville, FL
Additionally: They make custom Bandsaw blades Stock Whiteside and Amana products at good prices Have fast turnaround times and good service I think they also make custom TS blades for industrial use. Oh yeah, the owner is a nice guy ;-)
My only affiliation: One completely satisfied customer.
Cheers, gary