A gentle reminder for "the season"

Page 2 of 6
Regretfully. :|
says...

Have a happy thursday :)

Stolen from another post: It is funny that political correctness seems to be

So, am I supposed to get upset if I hear someone say "Happy Kwanza" or "Happy Chanuka"? If someone wishes you a "Merry Christmas" and you take this personally, you need to really examine the way YOU view yourself in the context of everyone else, not the other way around.
Last time I looked freedom of speech wasn't a "majority rules" type of thing.

Hallelujia! Oh...can I say that?
Bill

snipped-for-privacy@nospam.nycap.rr.com says...

... or (stolen from a radio commentator) to maintain PCness: Happy RamaHanuKwanzMas
Ah, Merry Christmas everyone

I think null is gonna get coal in his stocking. :)

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 21:22:28 +0000, null wrote:

Since the vast majority of my American, Canadian and Mexican friends are Christians, Merry Christmas from your agnostic friend.
BTW, this agnostics isn't offended by anyone else's beliefs, so good wishes during your special time(s) of year.
-Doug (who has a Christmas tree just in case, and so SWMBO won't leave him out)

There's nothing an agnostic can't accomplish if he really isn't sure whether or not he believes in anything.
;-)
Merry Christmas, Doug.
djb
--
There are no socks in my email address.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 16:19:54 -0600, Dave Balderstone wrote:

Oh, I have strong beliefs about many things - gravity for instance. I celebrate its existance every day I am here on earth.
Merry Christmas and praise be to gravity.
-Doug

I am deeply offended by your mentioning gravity. For you see, I step on the scale every once in awhile and this "gravity" concept is surely spawned from the depths of hell. Please refrain from mentioning gravity anymore.
Frank
On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 00:12:08 +0000, Frank Ketchum wrote:

I only mentioned it as I'm down 23 lbs since mid Sept - and stalled out. Things should get better and less offensive after the first of the year :-)
-Doug
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

What an intolerant thing to say! What about all those people who aren't able to lose that much weight, they will feel hurt and excluded!
[Yeah, that was tongue in cheek]

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 04:35:38 +0000, Mark & Juanita wrote:

I've been sent off to sensitivity training for far less ;-)
-Doug
On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 03:48:59 GMT, Doug Winterburn

I'm down 32 pounds since June, although after this week (cookies, rum balls, blueberry and pumpkin pie, almond bark, truffles, nuts, alcoholic drinks, lemon cake, etc, etc) I've got to tip the scales. Happens every year, and difficult to stop!
On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 03:48:59 GMT, Doug Winterburn

There you go again, being secular and offensive about gravity units . The majority of the worlds agnostics don't understand this "lbs" thing. I have put on 3 Kg today, and it's only early Xmas morning.
Barry Lennox wrote:

Pounds, stones, kilos... I'm depressed no matter what you call them.
I saw my wife's cousin today. Good griminy she lost a LOT of weight! Dropped 150 pounds since last year.
From 300 to 150. What a difference!
I'm still trying to come to terms with my world getting turned upside down.
Having seen what her "twin" cousin looks like at 150 pounds, it's really hard for me not to wish SWMBO would lose 50 pounds and catch up. Yowza she would look good. Hot even. I never imagined that my wife could ever be "hot." I didn't marry her for her looks, shall we say.
"Silvan" wrote

;-) Glen
Glen wrote:

What, you think I'm suicidal? Her favorite hero is Lorena Bobbit. :)
Frank Ketchum wrote:

Yeah, me too. I have a bad dickey do after all of SWMBO's cookies.