A gentle reminder for "the season"

On the sixth day God turned to Archangel Gabriel and said: "Today I am going to create a land called Canada, it will be a land of outstanding natural beauty. It shall have tall majestic mountains full of mountain goats and eagles, beautiful sparkling lakes bountiful with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, high cliffs over-looking sandy beaches with an abundance of sea life, and rivers stocked with salmon."

God continued, "I shall make the land rich in oil so as to make the inhabitants prosper, I shall call these inhabitants Canadians, and they shall be known as the most friendly people on the earth."

"But Lord," asked Gabriel, "don't you think you are being too generous to these Canadians?"

"Not really," replied God, "just wait and see the neighbours I am going to give them."

;-P

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

The very concept of Christianity is the most offensive religion to man. It's intended to be. It states that nothing man can do is worthy enough. It's the only religion that teaches man can't earn his way to heaven, that Jesus was necessary to take the place of man so that God's justice could be done. We believe that God being God could not overlook the sins of man and that he chose to assume the burden himself by sending his perfect son to die in our place. In simpler words.... you aren't and never will be good enough so that means you're stuck....no hope. Unless.....he fixes it for you

Reply to
mel

As one of those neighbors (who'd be a Canadian if there was an immigration quota for lazy retirees) I can attest to the friendliness.

I hope I'm an exception to the usual run of "neighbors" :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

And what do you think is better? Judism perhaps -- where you can only be one of the "chosen" through a so inclusive method of birth?

Reply to
Walker

Reply to
MSgeek

Reply to
MSgeek

LMAO. How about a sacrifice of puckey ducks with a yellow nail gun?

Then Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy Festivus!

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G.

you misunderstand... I'm a Christian. My point was Christianity is my only hope. Not myself. That concept can be viewed as offensive. As for Judaism....God's promise to Abraham and his descendents is between him and them. Christianity is God's promise to the rest of us.

Reply to
mel

For JOAT they must be sacrifices of young virgins to the "woodworking gods"!(snicker)

Nahmie

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

On 24 Dec 2003, Norman D. Crow spake unto rec.woodworking:

I don't imagine an OLD virgin would be much fun at all.

Reply to
Scott Cramer

Not really. JOAT is no barbarian. He doesn't require a sacrifice of the

*whole* virgin. Just a little part of her. Right JOAT? Or do I read you all wrong? Would you rather get somebody to sweep your house than sample cherries jubilee? ;)
Reply to
Silvan

You are not a Christian.

Reply to
<null

I don't say "excrement" or "son of a seabisquit" or "oh, copulate", but you get the idea ;-)

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

The daughters told us that, since my wife has a cold, we will have to hold off on the feats of strength and airing of grievances until the weekend.

Festivus for the Rest of Us

Reply to
Dick Durbin

There you go again, being secular and offensive about gravity units . The majority of the worlds agnostics don't understand this "lbs" thing. I have put on 3 Kg today, and it's only early Xmas morning.

Reply to
Barry Lennox

Not atheist, agnostic.

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

The result of using body parts in performing body functions.

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Here we go with a HD thread, experience is a GOOD thing. Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave

Pounds, stones, kilos... I'm depressed no matter what you call them.

I saw my wife's cousin today. Good griminy she lost a LOT of weight! Dropped 150 pounds since last year.

From 300 to 150. What a difference!

I'm still trying to come to terms with my world getting turned upside down.

Having seen what her "twin" cousin looks like at 150 pounds, it's really hard for me not to wish SWMBO would lose 50 pounds and catch up. Yowza she would look good. Hot even. I never imagined that my wife could ever be "hot." I didn't marry her for her looks, shall we say.

Reply to
Silvan