Subject Author Posted Replies

Stanley #51 and 52
to: Date: 2007-08-23, 2:01PM EDT Stanley Shoot Board and Plane, Excellant condition, SW era. You know what it is and what its worth... $1500.00 Saw this on Craig's List and thought someone might be...

Another bandsaw question....
I just picked up "The new complete guide to the Band Saw" and I get the impression that cool blocks are a better choice than bearings. He ( Mark Duginske) invented and pantented them. For all around,...
4
4

What magazines?
I was getting some woodworking mags today and wondered what the best and most informatives one were. I want to subscribe to some but it looks like a bunch are ads, same old " which is better" tools,...
13
13

10" Saw Blades
Three part question. First when it comes to 10" saw blades what do you keep on hand as far as teeth per inch? Secondly, who makes the best blades for the money? And last are there any blades to just...
27
27

Need Thick Wood
I need some wood that is about 18/4 thick, different varieties like oak, walnut, cherry, etc. What is my best bet for obtaining such?
23
23

bandsaw selection
I am a casual woodworker, in the process of acquiring a new bandsaw to be used mainly for resawing large flitches. The saws I have been looking at are Grizzly brand, models G0513/G0513X (17") and...
6
6

SF Bay Area Woodworking Open House - This Saturday 8/25
Mt. Diablo Adult Education Woodworking Classes Open House Room 208 Pleasant Hill Education Center One Santa Barbara Road Pleasant Hill, CA 94523 Saturday, August 25th 10 am to 3 pm Check out our shop!...
1
1

Rolling cabinet for my planar
Going to build a rolling cabinet for my planar (approximately 2' x 3'). I was thinking about whether or not I need a vertical member centered in the middle of the cabinet to support the weight of the...
17
17

Hitachi nailes -- advice??
Folks, The local Lowes is clearancing out some nailers and has the Hitachi NT 65MA3 2 1/2" finish nailer for $100 (about half retail - cheapest I found online was $170) and the NT 32AE2 1 1/4" brad...
8
8

Wooden Model Airplanes
Has anyone tried to purchase products from I've found out that they're offering wooden model planes online. I just wanna know if their price is worth it for the quality of the product.
1
1

Re: Film Faced Plywood
In fact, Film Faced Plywood has many use.Our client in Spain use them as truck floor. They have very good strenth and cheaper cost. Dear all, Can you help on this? As you know,How many use method or...

It finally happend to me
I was milling 1/4" wide 3/8" deep mortises in 1-1/4" legs in a router table with a 1/4" Whiteside solid carbide spiral upcut bit in a PC 7518 router -- nothing I haven't done a number of times before....
11
11

InternetLumber
Has anybody ordered anything from Internetlumber lateley? I placed an order for one of their hobby packs (20 bd ft.) of cherry, got half the order after 3 weeks, and have spent the last two weeks...

OT - Exterior Window Stops - Prime First, Then Caulk?
Sorry for the OT question, but it is wood related... As part of a window replacement project, I'm going to be removing my aluminum storms. I expect that this will expose unpainted window stops. Should...

information
hi all just wanted to let you know of a very useful site that i have found and used. If has 1000's of specifications, photos, documents and videos of machine tools. It abllows you to search on alot of...