8 foot jointer plane

A woodworking friend and I went to Frederiksburg, Texas to look at early Texas furniture. Among the exhibits was an 8' jointer plane. It was used to surface rough-hewn logs and it took 4 men to use it.
I have two pics on ABPW. The first one was too large. Choose the smaller one.
Preston
The other method, of course, was to shove the board over a fixed "plane." Looked pretty effective when I saw it done.

Wed, Jul 28, 2004, 11:11pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@satx.rr.com (PrestonAndreas) says: I have two pics on ABPW. <snip>
By ABPW, did you mean: news:alt.binaries.pictures.weapons ?
hehehe
JOAT The highway of fear is the road to defeat. - Bazooka Joe JERUSALEM RIDGE http://www.banjer.com/midi/jerridge.mid