Subject Author Posted Replies

[SOLVED] paint for eating surface
We are on kind of old turf here, so to be blunt: - Will anyone be eating the dried paint? - Will anyone be eating off the table top? - Will you be using lead based paint to finish? If the answer is...
6
6

fastener depth
Another rule of thumb is to put your thumb on the back side of the work. If the screw goes into your thumb, it is too long. Keep in mind that screws not only come in different lengths, but different...
12
12

Bandsaw tension gauge
I just got the Iturra catalog and in there, there's an article on the usefulness of a tension gauge. All of the arguments sound reasonable to me, but then I got the latest edition of the "Bandsaw...
14
14

Dewalt Miter Saw Question
My 12 inch Dewalt Miter saw is acting up. Sometimes, the brake doesn't engage right away, and sometimes, it doesn't start when I pull the trigger. (I have to move the blade up and down a few times...
10
10

OT - I'm so happy now ...
Here Swingman.. Just for you..
14
14

What is this wood hammer for?
No, these are small. A few ounces in weight. Did you Google? If you do you will find that raw rawhide hammers do come in small sizes, for example 2 oz. in weight 1" in diameter and 2 3/8" long. While...
20
20

OT: Looking for video conversion help
If the video is on a web site, I think you can download it in a compressed or alternate format using the most recent RealPlayer... But I'm not sure and furthermore, not sure that would help any....
18
18

Tom Plamann's Site
Tom had mentions of the stuff on his woodworking site.
12
12

Shellac question
Artificially short shelf life predictions are published to ensure that new product gets produced and sold. Just another reason to hate and fear scientists.
9
9

wood countertop
Finishes. There are not many finishes that are useful on kitchen working surfaces. Wood is almost certainly going to get treated more like a cutting board or chopping block than would, say, Formica or...
4
4

Semi OT: not archived
Does anybody other than Google maintain a significant archive? Does Google obey x-no-archive?
3
3

What is it? Set 241
I've got plans all day Friday, so I'll be posting the answers early tomorrow morning: http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob
6
6

OT science question
If the technology exists could you provide a link to more information? So don't use the patented seed. I'm not sure what concerns there are. Any plant that doesn't reproduce dies out in one generation...
122
122

solid red oak vs. red oak plywood colour difference
I am practicing frame and panel doors. I assembled a small one, where frame is a solid red oak and the panel 1/4" red oak plywood. I only applied a danish oil finish, natural, no stain. Then I noticed...
8
8

carvewright ?
hello, is somebody here using a carvewright machine ? i need some users feebdacks. thanks, oliver
1
1