Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: OT:sbcglobal shutting down alt.binaries
"Vic Baron" wrote In this case you can thank another posturing politician, more interested in promoting himself than in protecting children, playing to the hordes of sheep so "dumbed down" that they...
10
10

Finish for birch - outdoor use?
Hi folks, I'm making a luggage rack for a motorcycle trailer out of birch. I've done some experimenting with stains: the wood seems to absorb unevenly, despite using Minwax PreStain. Therefore, a...
11
11

Protective coating for acrylic painted surface?
I have small wooden box made with basswood, sanded and painted with white Acrylic paint I want to protect against scratches, dirt, and being cleaned. The paint is "Delta Creamcoat" white, Blanc, semi-...
3
3

WTB: Woodsmith #151 & Wood #174
I am am looking for Woodsmith Issue #151 and Wood Magazine #174. If you have either or both you would like to part with, email me directly at escarcegaATcoxDOTnet

OT Sorta Maybe, maybe not
I too have seen my access to a.p.b.w being dropped by ATT. I do however see FREE.a.p.w. is available.
19
19

Attention Quilters (and those folks married to quilters)
As you know, I am married to a quilter. And some of you are as well. One of my wife's quilting friends sent this blog post to her. And we are both passing it on wherever we can. Due to the recent...

Freud Dado Blades
I recently purchased a set of Freud Super S508 Dado Blades. I was under the impression that a couple of the blades that came in the set we under 1/8" thick. I I phoned Freud Canada and they told me...
11
11

Multi-Part Router Bit Storage
I've seen lots of ways for storing router bits, but I'm wondering what y'all do for storing router bits that come with extra parts, such as ball bearings, allen wrenches, stacking cutters, etc. Ed **...
4
4

Is Your Countertop Giving Aid and Comfort to the Taliban?
The takeover of the Ziarat quarry has enabled the Taliban to turn themselves into a self-sustaining fighting force. The takeover of the Ziarat quarry has enabled the Taliban to turn themselves into a...
1
1

Glue Choice
Hi. I am about half way thru building a door frame from a red hardwood verticals and mahogany/sapele horizontal members. I have used a variety of M&T joints and have just tried out the first fitting...
9
9

Bike wheel for a bandsaw..
OK, but seems just the opposite to me. Yes, something like that. Like Mac though, for me it's down the priority list enough I'll never get to it. I'd have a better chance of stumbling over a nice used...
50
50

Nubie question.. routing pine.
Hi, I am building a guitar amplifier cabinet and have some questions about making the joints. I am not doing finger/dovetail joints yet.. just using kind of a butt joint. Looks like this _...
10
10

Tomboy Tools
Hi! I'm running a 10% discount until July 19th on orders placed directly thru me via email or contact us on my web page Don't let the name scare you - our tools are incredible and made to last - yes,...

Bessey Supergrip clamps
I looked for these clamps after seeing Norm use them. no idea they were so..........uncheap. I put them on my wish list. :-( Max Bessey has resolved the problem of uncontrolled clamping pressures |...
4
4

Gilding link
http://www.woodcentral.com/cgi-bin/messages3.pl?read=363517