Subject Author Posted Replies

Ridgid 2 1/2" finish nailer advise
I need a finish nailer to rebuild my porch railing and also will be used later for trim work around house, base board, window trim etc. I have a PC framing gun and also a Ridgid 1/4" crown stapler,...
11
11

crowning bandsaw tires
Anyone have experience crowning new tires on a 36" bandsaw? Any suggestions on how to approach this task on such a large wheel?
11
11

re-finishing an old walnut table
A friend has an OLD walnut table that had a very badly damaged lacquer finish. The only way to fix it was to strip it down to the bare wood and now I need to re-finish it. Since it was finished once,...
3
3

Which compressor to buy.
"Leon" wrote in news:5smdnfkmas7XHajXnZ2dnUVZ The IR claims 100 % duty cycle. The PC doesn't give a claim for duty cycle. I may have over stated the use of the compressor. Yes I do sand blasting, but...
6
6

RE: Screen door advice
Thanks all for the input. I will post the results when completed. The corrugated fasteners are intruding. A few of the pre 50's travel trailers that we have owned had screen doors held together with...
1
1

How to make a Spiral Groove in Column
Maybe a little more reasonable: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Spiral_turning_lathe_ http://www.timbecon.com.au/details/router-lathe-8715.aspx...
13
13

Milwaukee 0234-6 Magnum 5.5 Amp 1/2-Inch Dril
A drill press, a carbide tipped forstner bit, and some jigs gets the job done. He's here in SoCal maybe 30 miles from me and you're 2,000+ miles away in Indiana. Lew
39
39

Blown the finish...not sure what to do next
Hey Guys, I'm up the creek without the proverbial paddle. I built a dinning table with bubinga top. I don't have much experience with finishing bubinga and kinda went through my normal MO for table...
9
9

problem with new (used) band saw
I recently bought a used Rockwell bandsaw, which had been refitted with a Baldor 1 hp motor, that was set up to run on 220V. I was told that I could rewire it to run on 110V, which is all I have in my...
37
37

Stair Treads, New Construction
We moved into our new house during early March and called the insurance agent to inform her she could convert our coverage from "house under construction" to "hobby house". When the sheetrockers left...
2
2

Resawing small logs...
Hi All, I just got a deal on 5-6 juniper trees, very dead from a fire years ago, and still standing. I took one home yesterday. They are each about 30 feet long, 15 inch diameter at the base. I kept 4...
8
8

The U.S. Government Is Trying To Take Away Your Pocket Knives!
Yeeeehaww! beat the fuck out of each other at sporting events!!!!!
146
146

Best way to repair badly designed gate
Except for the fact that most major ISPs don't carry binary groups anymore... GRRRR.
29
29

Senco SNS45XP sometimes "rapid fires"
I have a Senco SNS45XP pneumatic stapler that shoots 7/16" crown staples up to 2 inches long. This is a great machine that works very well for me. I use it mostly for crating stuff. However, sometimes...
12
12

O/T: Our Childhood In Black And White
I grew up in the country, what's a "street"? Lew
14
14