Subject Author Posted Replies

Ping Swingman
Hi Swingman. You'll remember the trestle picnic table (sorry, I meant to call it a piece of extravagant garden furniture) I built last year. Anyway, a few weeks ago I built the benches to go with the...
2
2

A Woodcarver's Treadle Hammer
A "Treadle Hammer" is a specialized blacksmithing tool that uses the blacksmith's own foot power to swing a hammer. We have found that some blacksmiths also work with wood. Several of the members of...
1
1

OT: Sometimes something strikes me as funny.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/soylent_green-749218.gif

Woodworkers CAN get along.
On Sep 21, 10:49=A0am, Steve Turner wrote:
3
3

The folly of political discourse on the Wrec ...
On Sep 21, 10:26=A0am, evodawg wrote:
18
18

Great product for superglue users
have been using these now for two weeks. Much easier to use than rubber gloves and no more superglue in fingers. I use superglue to laquer knife handles (not the best product for it but very durable)....
4
4

RE: CreateTV.com
Finally found an alternate to the continuous begging mode of my local PBS stations, especially on weekends. The implementation of digital TV has added many new channels for those of us who are not...
5
5

O/T A scottish tale
The new commander in Iraq hears that a Scottish regiment has a specialized field hospital that's doing fantastic things with the troops. He wants to know what is so special about the place, so he...
6
6

Mini gloat (Maybe)
Couldn't find my original post to add a comment so I am reposting. I bought a new Jet Microglide 52" fence from eBay for $43 ($75 after shipping) to try and add to my old model 65 Powermatic TS. First...
1
1

desk design and veneer question
I intend to build a desk for my home and I am considering making the top from a veneered torsion box. I would like to hear it now, if my plan is doomed for some reason. It would be impractical to...
22
22

96" + Capacity Guide Rail For Unifence - Current Value?
I've just taken mine off and put the old 52" capacity rail. Thinking about selling the long one. Regards, Tom Watson http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

Heads-up on FWW circa 9/09
In case you haven't seen it, Taunton/Fine Wood Working magazine has hit a home run with their latest on the newsstands: "How to Design Furniture - From Classic to Contemporary". Chock full of valuable...
22
22

"Molding Profiler" -- what's it called?
Thank you very much! Bill
5
5

Re: Metric
A cubic meter would take a little longer.

Re: Metric
I thought it was along the equator, not a meridian. The equatorial circumference being a lot bigger that the pole-to-pole one. I suppose I could look it up...but who really, really cares?