Subject Author Posted Replies

Almost OT - Desk chair restoration question
I have in my possession 3 old swivel desk chairs. one dates to the 1940s, I think, another to the late '20s and the third is documented to 1898. They are all in mostly good condition with a few...
17
17

Bedroom Arts & Crafts Towers Finished
I posted the finished bedroom towers on a.b.p.w. 362 seperate pieces of wood including 136 floating tennons. Where floating tennons were not used stub tennons and slots were cut to connect all other...
31
31

Sour Grapes and my Blanket Chest
I posted this one a while back, but I wanted to gripe. :^) I submitted this chest to be published in a book by Fine Woodworking. I actually designed/made the chest specifically for the entry. Anyway,...
18
18

Community Workshop?
Is there such a thing as a community workshop where people come together (much as we all do here but in reality) to share ideas and get ideas on projects and then use a shared workshop to make them a...
25
25

OT - Woodsmith Shop on TV
Hello, I recently caught the tail end of an episode of the Woodsmith Shop at a friend's house and thought that others here might be interested. There's a new channel called Create, which happens to be...
26
26

Rub Brick
Having never seen one before, I bought a (MasterForce) "Rub Brick" (6"x3"x1", $9.99 at Menards) thinking it may help to clean up my concrete garage floor which is to be my workshop floor. I "applied...
16
16

O/T: Sand Drawings
Was sent this. Totally concur with the comments. Raises U-Tube to a whole new level. Lew ==================================== Check out this link... Subject: Sand Drawings This is definitely worth the...
3
3

Drilling holes in wooden plank
Hi, I have trying to build a cloths hanger since we are limited with closet space. At Home Depot, I have seen a wooden shelf (with four shelves) that will work if I modify it a little bit. The only...
8
8

scroll saw levelling
Hello all, I'm looking for feedback on the best way to level a scrollsaw so the blade is exactly perpendicular. I've tried several methods 1 - using an engineers square and a white piece of paper to...
3
3

Legacy Specifications
The US standard railroad gauge (distance between the rails) is 4 feet, 8.5 inches. That's an exceedingly odd number. Why was that gauge used? Because that's the way they built them in England , and...
10
10

WT? re: PC 5" ROS pads???
OK, needed a replacement H&L pad for one of the (several) PC 333/334 ROSs as its gotten where won't hold for long (a real drawback to H&L imo as well as the much higher abrasive cost, but that's...
6
6

OT: Ingenuity
Reminds me of some of my better ideas: Whether you call a professional for home repairs or do it yourself, there's a 50/50 chance of something not being right.

Dovetail Jig opinions sought
I'm looking at purchasing a dovetailing jig. I'm inclined toward Akeda at present but would like to hear opinions on alternatives. I'd be particularly interested in hearing of experiences with Woodrat...
32
32

Who Has the Cool Outfeed Table?
One of you guys showed pics of your outfeed table that folded up and/or extended or something cool like that. My space is limited, so I need something that folds up and out quickly. Who's was it? Can...
39
39

Titebond solvent
While doing my reverse snowbird thing this summer, my glue bottles containing Titebond II turned orange and into the consistency of flubber. The gar^H^H^Hshop gets up to about 120+ here in AZ. I tried...
13
13