Subject Author Posted Replies

3 PC Drill Battery packs failed nearly at once.
I have a Porter Cable 9.6V drill. It came with three battery packs. I usually use two and switch between them. It's in my handyman's bag, and I use it once every few weeks. Well, when I plugged the...
9
9

Lie-Nielsen uses Camellia Oil
In regards to Camellia Oil, interestingly enough, Lie-Nielsen uses and sells Camellia Oil for tools. http://www.lie-nielsen.com/catalog.php?sku=co

Another question about milk paint
Does milk paint cover up commpletely? By that I mean, will it cover my pencil marks, or will that all have to be sanded clean? Thanks, s
10
10

How many hammers do you think one needs?
How many hammers do you think one needs, and does it matter a lot where you get them (Sears comes to mind as the standard source)? If some hammer sources are inferior (HF?), then why (not properly...
44
44

Minwax "Polyshades" -- why not for floors?
I started an earlier thread yesterday with the subject heading : "CLEAR hardwood finishes? -- moisture cure, etc.". I now have related question and I decided to post it as a separate topic in a new...
8
8

Re: Top 25 bestselling Lathes
x-no-archive:yes On Nov 6, 6:51=A0pm, awm wrote: http://xrl.us/Top25LathesI
3
3

Shellac flake shelf life
I want to finish a recent project using orange shellac, dissolved at home. Purchasing flakes locally is somewhat expensive (the cost, gas, time), about $25 for a pound at Woodcraft. Alternatively, I...
9
9

Cutting a melamine panel
I have a melamine on tempered hardboard panel which is stuck to drywall with an adhesive. A section of the panel has been torn off, leaving a ragged and uneven edge. How do I cut the edge so I install...
11
11

Optimum Bench Dog Holes Placement?
I'm about to drill bench dog holes in a slab maple bench 30" x 72". I intend to place my 12" Record vise adjacent to the left front corner. I'm wondering if anyone has determined optimum placement for...
41
41

OT: Cutting down a steel door?
Ok, I've once again agreed to do a bit of side-work that I really wish I hadn't. Homeowner put down some engineered flooring in the entryway and now the exterior steel door won't open if there's a...
15
15

Re: Li tool warning - a really long rant Part 2
In = news: Robatoy dropped this bit of wisdom: Innews: Forgot to mention ther is 1 place where the Li seems to excell My shaver has a Li battery and it is smaller than my old NiCad, a charge = lasts 1...
12
12

OT Rant
The shooting that every one has heard about in Fort Hood was tragic on so many levels and continues to be. My utmost respect goes out to the armed forces and my deepest sympathies to the victims and...
122
122

Li tool warning - a really long rant Part 1
OK - my favorite old drill cordless just died. I will give the old girl a Viking's funeral one day. It was supposed to be a POS that did just the dirty work, but wound up being so reliable it became...
15
15

The reason Harbor Freight can sell tools for so cheap. :-)
Fed-ex dropped off something I'd long since forgotten about. Months ago, I bought a parts bin floor rack from HF when it was on sale for cheaper than I could buy the bins, alone. I just wanted the...
9
9

Holder for coasters
When giving away coasters I made, they were usually just tied into a set with ribbon or burlap twine. However, for more special occasions or people, I also made a custom coaster holder that entailed a...
1
1